Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Saying what you think is therapeutic and cathartic. Does it ever get you out of trouble or only in trouble? Ever regret thinking out loud?

Saying what you think is therapeutic and cathartic. Does it ever get you out of trouble or only in trouble? Ever regret thinking out loud?

Posted - September 14, 2020

Responses

Frequently. It never hurts to be "diplomatic". Would you tell a friend that "you don't think the dress quite suits her", or that she looks like the back of a bus in it?
    If my internal monologue became audible, I'd have to emigrate.
      September 14, 2020 2:52 AM MDT

hahahahaha! Cute. I would never go out of my way to hurt anyone (excluding the dipsh** adoring worshippers..they are not human so what can it hurt?). I would always tell the truth BUT choose the words carefully. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      September 14, 2020 3:07 AM MDT

My Naval career came to a halt when I spoke my mind at a CPO's meeting with the captain of my last station. It was supposed to be open forum, so I told him that the reason no one tells him anything is because he won't do anything about it. It got very quiet...I was the only one with the stones to say it. It pissed him off, so he had three of my evaluation scores dropped, essentially ruining my chances for advancement. My wife wrote our Congresswoman, who ordered an investigation, thus ruining the captain's chances of making admiral. Tit for Tat. This post was edited by Element 99 at September 15, 2020 1:21 AM MDT
      September 14, 2020 6:08 PM MDT

As far as I'm aware, there's only one rank above CPO unless you do a "knife and forker" to officer. Did you want to go up through the cargo hatch?
    RAN goes OS 》AB 》LS 》PO 》CPO 》WO. A Warrant Officer is technically outranked by a sublieutenant, but a smart JO doesn't pull rank on a senior NCO. Is it very different in the USN?
      September 14, 2020 7:39 PM MDT

Chief Petty Officer, Senior Chief petty Officer, (me), Master Chief Petty Officer.
      September 14, 2020 8:24 PM MDT

And then that's the limit, right? Or are there WOs in the USN as well?
    Captain is pretty high, though. Surprising that someone of that rank would condescend to that level of pettiness (no pun intended) - or was he a LTCOM (eg) who was called "Captain" simply because he was the skipper?
      September 14, 2020 8:33 PM MDT

:):):)
      September 15, 2020 1:33 AM MDT

Full bird Captain. One step below Admiral. We also have warrant officers.
      September 15, 2020 8:51 AM MDT

No Commodores? Even more surprising that brass that high would stoop to pulling a stunt like that.
    RAN - SUBLT, LT, LTCMDR, CMDR, CAPT, CDRE, RADM, VADM, ADM - there's only one Admiral and only for one-third of the time (head of the Australian Armed Forces is EITHER an Admiral OR a General OR an Air Chief Marshal and there's only one of them).
    Ensign or Midshipman is not an officer, he's a confounded kaydet and nobody in the AIF or RAAF salutes him, regardless of whatever silly customs the Navy might have.
      September 15, 2020 10:08 AM MDT

The title Commodore is used in wartime, as is Fleet Admiral.
      September 15, 2020 11:06 AM MDT

September 15, 2020 1:32 AM MDT

September 15, 2020 1:31 AM MDT

Proud of you I am all these years later.You were honest. He was not. He set you up. He only wanted to hear complimentary things like a certain pol we are stuck with in the states. I think somewhere in time he will burn for it. I like to think ultimately there a universal justice that kicks in and "makes things right". What he did was unforgivable. What he should have done was to say thank you. Good for your wife. He didn't make Admiral in this plane of existence. What happens in the after if there is one? One can only hope he would be punished there too. Thank you for your informative reply E. How very mean and cruel and revengeful people can be. Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      September 15, 2020 1:28 AM MDT

The Congressional investigation is a bad mark on is record, and Congress has to approve his advancement to Admiral. He screwed himself.
      September 15, 2020 8:54 AM MDT

What better denouement could there ever be than that? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      September 15, 2020 11:27 AM MDT

Yes. Oh yes.

But never enough regret to make me change. I'm on a Mission From Gawd.

Dammit.
      September 14, 2020 7:54 PM MDT

This is a very mysterious reply BL for what it alludes to but doesn't reveal. It begs being expanded upon, clarified but if you had wanted to share that you would have. May I ask though "how is it going so far"? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 15, 2020 8:54 AM MDT
      September 15, 2020 1:30 AM MDT