Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Fair. Everyone doesn't get treated fairly simultaneously. It's impossible. Who decides whose turn it is to be treated fairly?

Fair. Everyone doesn't get treated fairly simultaneously. It's impossible. Who decides whose turn it is to be treated fairly?

Posted - October 11, 2016

Responses

• The one being treated unfairly decides when it's time to not.
      October 11, 2016 10:32 AM MDT

I think that's right with one caveat. If one is very greedy and wants more than one's share and believes anything less than that isn't fair then that won't work. I have no idea how many greedy people there are Lago or how many reasonable people there are. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 12, 2016 3:26 AM MDT

This is why humans need their rights protected. Through association, in business, in their private lives and yes, even over their own income, humans need their right to choose for themselves protected.

Why? Because they are best suited to decide whether or not they are treated fairly and they do through association. There will never be an external agent better suited for the job, but especially not a bureaucrat or even an elected official who doesn't even know them.

We set the standard and we cannot do that when we are forced by the threat of punishment into interacting, whether physically or monetarily, with entities we would otherwise avoid completely. This post was edited by ForkNdaRoad at October 12, 2016 3:22 AM MDT
      October 11, 2016 11:00 AM MDT

Thank you for your very thoughtful analysis in reply to my question FNR. It is quite helpful. You set it out very clearly and I don't think there is an extraneous word in your entire answer. Happy Wednesday m'dear! :)
      October 12, 2016 3:22 AM MDT

probably Karma
      October 11, 2016 5:42 PM MDT

Hnmm. I never even considered that Baba. Fair seems so elusive/quixotic/mercurial. But I think Karma could explain it. Fair is based upon what went before in another time/place. I"m gonna dwell on this. So far nothing else has made any sense. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wedesday m'dear! :)
      October 12, 2016 3:06 AM MDT