Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How do they stand the hypocrisy? Teaching their children the difference between right/wrong and truth/lie while they support a LIAR?

How do they stand the hypocrisy? Teaching their children the difference between right/wrong and truth/lie while they support a LIAR?

Whose impulses and actions are ALWAYS WRONG.

It must be a doozy unless they are unaware that what they teach and what they live are polar opposites?

I dunno. Poor kids.

Posted - September 16, 2020

Responses

It’s nothing new.  Many parents tell their kids not to do something, yet they go ahead and do it themselves (do as I say, not as I do).   “Don’t use bad language” (while they swear like a sailor).  “Don’t steel” (while they “borrow” without the intent of returning).  “Don’t lie” (while they call in sick to work so they can go to a sports game, or cheat on their taxes, or support a person who lies through their teeth).  Much of what young children learn they learn from example, not from words (monkey see, monkey do).

September 16, 2020 2:27 PM MDT

So that's how they do? Being obtuse because where their awareness should be is only a brick wall? Poor kids. Alas alack the kids will grow up misshapen due to the pretzel template their parents force upon them. And they will pass that along to their kids etcetera etcetera etcetera. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Poor kids.
      September 17, 2020 3:10 AM MDT