Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The MISERY INDEX in America keeps escalating accelerating increasing. How can the stockmarket be in positive territory?

The MISERY INDEX in America keeps escalating accelerating increasing. How can the stockmarket be in positive territory?

Making money goes on as usual no matter what agony/tragedy millions of people are suffering. Making money is what makes life worth living isn't it? Nothing else matters if you aren't making money. Money is sunny funny and sweet as honey. Give me money or give me death. Money makes the world go around.  All the world needs now is money sweet money.

AARRGGHH.

Posted - September 16, 2020

Responses

I guess it's true that "Money can't buy happiness".

Though - I think it's also true that American's don't know what real "misery" is.
    Even the majority of our "poor" are far better off than the majority of citizens in some other nations.
    EG: "I'm so miserable.  I can't afford my smokes AND cable.  I don't have the latest version of iPhone."
    (actually, many of our poor do have smartphones)
      September 16, 2020 8:45 AM MDT

I'm talking about our states being ON FIRE. I'm talking about the Hurricane Sally attacking the south. I'm talking about the braindead idiots who keep spreading the pumpkina** virus m'dear. Not "in general" but specific to today. Gulf Coast is being blasted as I write this. We know there will be floods and storm suges there and record rain because the storm is slow moving which means it will dump tons of water. Our fires are not stopping. Oregon lost 1 MILLION acres so far and California over 3 MILLION and I'm not sure about Washington but fires are all still burning. And then there's the pumpkina** virus. The dipsh** has resumed his ego hate rallies unmasked no social distancing. What will come of that? You know. I know. Flu season approaches. A perfect storm..some of it based on things we cannot control but some of it? SIGH. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      September 16, 2020 9:05 AM MDT

I think after the fires, the government (and private timber companies) should employee hundreds or thousands of unemployed to replant the forests.
      September 16, 2020 11:17 AM MDT

Oh my gosh WALT! Once again you come up with a BRILLIANT idea. Everybody wins! The planters get exercise and the joy of knowing they helped regreen the forests. Plus they get paid for doing something useful for their country. What made you think of that? Anyway I vote thumbs up for your plan. If I were not almost 83 I'd love to get in on it and help replant the forests. Kinda like Johnny and Janie Appleseeds only instead of apple trees you'd have pine trees and other trees. Though it probably never will happen just the IDEA of it cheered me up. Funny that. Ideas may never come to fruition but just the thought of them puts out positive vibes! Thanks. This post was edited by RosieG at September 17, 2020 4:03 AM MDT
      September 17, 2020 4:02 AM MDT