Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Have you started decorating your house for Halloween? It's right around the corner!

Have you started decorating your house for Halloween? It's right around the corner!

Halloween is a fun time. I did buy some stuff to decorate, but I already had other stuff from last year. I have noticed the people around the neighborhood have all kinds of yard decorations in their yards. It's also fun going to a pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins. 

Posted - October 11, 2016

Responses

• My home already looks like the "home of dead useless creepy people".
      October 11, 2016 9:41 AM MDT

Then you are already ready for Halloween, Bromi! Great!!!
      October 11, 2016 11:02 AM MDT

I had a full day off yesterday.  Nothing to do except free time for the first day in months.  Most everything was closed, so after I ran errands, I took out my chalks and paper and drew some radical Halloween scenes which I then attached to the windows outside.  

They look pretty cool.  No one else has these decorations at least.   I did some ghosts, a witch, pumpkins and tombstones.  I am working on a bat.

Now I must cease because it is time for studying once more.

Oh yeah, and skeletons.  That was the best one I did. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 11, 2016 2:25 PM MDT
      October 11, 2016 9:44 AM MDT

Great! Sounds like you are having fun! Yay!!!
      October 11, 2016 11:04 AM MDT

You are ahead of many! Of course, it counts! Spider decorations are great, especially real spider webs! 
      October 11, 2016 11:05 AM MDT

I usually put the decorations up the day of Halloween. Wake up, get coffee, run to the store, grab a pumpkin and some candy, come home and carve the pumpkin, put the candy in a big bowl, eat some of the candy, eat some more candy, go to the store and buy some more candy, put up a couple strings of lights in the front window, put the carved pumpkin out with candles in it, wait for the kiddos to ring the bell. 
      October 11, 2016 10:26 AM MDT

Cool! You have things under control! Fun times! 
      October 11, 2016 11:06 AM MDT

Yes.  Inside and outside are all done.
      October 11, 2016 11:42 AM MDT

No.  Decorating for it seems goofy to me.
      October 11, 2016 1:36 PM MDT

We don't celebrate nor decorate for ANY holidays. Wait...I do chop down a tree for arbor day and pour used motor oil down the storm drain on Earth day.
      October 11, 2016 1:52 PM MDT

In previous halloweens, we would have something called 'THE HAUNTED TRAIL'.  It was a path through the woods next to the garage that was lined with scary things such as fog dispensing machines and scary music. We hung a bird cage up in a tree and put the family cat in it. We lit the trail with black lights. I dug a hole and put an old door and frame into the ground and lay down in it, then scared the kids when I opened it suddenly. Neighborhood teens helped out by jumping down out of trees in costumes. I rigged up a dummy with ropes and pulled them from a distance to give the illusion that the dummy was moving on his own. All this plus bobbing for apples really entertained all the little neighbor kids and relatives that we invited over. They came by the carloads. 
      October 11, 2016 2:41 PM MDT