Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You know what would be tons of fun? Tossing every Washington, D.C. political barnyard animal into the ocean. Can you picture it?

You know what would be tons of fun? Tossing every Washington, D.C. political barnyard animal into the ocean. Can you picture it?

Some will swim and some will sink. Whoever is left will run things.

Put it on Pay per View. What would you pay to see that?

Posted - September 18, 2020

Responses

Thanks, but there's already enough trash in the ocean.
      September 18, 2020 6:25 AM MDT

True but would you really rather have them stay in D.C. and corrupt the air with stench and stink and hijinks? Thank you for your reply! :) Let's ship them off to a cornfield somewhere far away to somewhere else. Like Anthony that kid in Twilight Zone who insisted that people around him only have GOOD THOUGHTS or off they'd disappear to the cornfield. Anthony didn't like bad thoughts. He got rid of those who thought them. The D.C. barnyard is full of animals with nothing but BAD THOUGHTS. Where would Anthony send them?
      September 18, 2020 6:49 AM MDT

I think now that we have a Space Force, we should send them into space.  Why mess up a cornfield?
      September 18, 2020 8:43 AM MDT

That works for me babe. Point taken. Test it out. Starting NOW. What could it hurt? Try it you'll like it? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 19, 2020 4:49 AM MDT

:):):)  They can send him up any time as far as I'm concerned. 
      September 19, 2020 9:12 AM MDT

We could maybe attend the launch together? Do you like popcorn? Plain are fancied up? Would that not be a wondrous thing to share in real time? Well here I go..HOPING. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 19, 2020 9:29 AM MDT

Happy to share the launch, but I don't care for popcorn because I can't stand the smell.  One of the reasons I don't go to the movies. :)
      September 19, 2020 11:19 AM MDT

We could snack on something else. I know what you mean about "odors/smells". I can't stand perfumes or after shave or cologne. I get NAUSEATED. Now years ago I used to wear the stuff but somewhere along the way I got TURNED OFF. By the people you smell coming toward but even worse the smell lingers long after they go. It is UNBEARABLE for me. So I totally understand. Thank you for your reply. So do you like pretzels or corn chips or those crunchy corn curls? I found some not dyed orange so your fingers don't turn orange. They're really good. I favor CRUNCHY SALTY snacks. Anyway we could figger something out! Thank you for your reply. How about raw veggies and a dip like say HUMMUS? Are you a fan? :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 20, 2020 8:06 AM MDT
      September 20, 2020 8:05 AM MDT

I do like salty snacks and I like sweet/salty too.  I love nuts - almost any kind and I love hummus.  Like you, I don't care for the perfumes most people wear.  We had someone who worked in our office at one time who could be smelled when she was still at the elevator.  We knew she was coming and we all hit the ladies room.  The scent lingered forever.  We learned from someone who sat next to her on another floor that she applied that perfume several times during the day, so the scent never went away.
      September 20, 2020 8:08 AM MDT

I guess they think "the more the better" so they keep applying it and never stop stinking. When you work you are stuck. I mean you can't very likely say "please stay away from me you stink. You are nauseating me". You can think it of course. That isn't being hurtful or rude. I wonder if their smeller is on the blink and that's why they stink? They can't smell normally. Maybe they broke their smeller from overdosing on perfumes? Anyway foodwise we'll be Good. We cn go with that. We'll have a FEAST! Oh boy! FOOD! I hope I never get too old to stop enjoying eating or cooking. Thank you for your reply! This post was edited by RosieG at September 20, 2020 10:56 AM MDT
      September 20, 2020 8:18 AM MDT

I think what happens is that they get so used to the smell on themselves that they don't notice it.  After a while, she should have gotten the message when everyone walked away from her whenever she appeared on our floor.  I can only imagine the horror of having to work next to her.  
      September 20, 2020 10:57 AM MDT

How do you tell someone something like that? I wonder if the ones who douse themselves in fragrances also have to use lots and lots of spices in their foods? I wonder if there is any connection? I'll GOOGLE it. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 21, 2020 2:48 AM MDT

Enough complaints were made to HT about it that the spoke with her, but it didn't do much good.  I think there are some spices which when consumed in large quantities and often that give off a scent.  Garlic comes to mind.
      September 21, 2020 11:03 AM MDT

So speaking to her didn't make a dent? I guess she is wired to adjust to others. See only herself to please. Aren't you blessed you are not like her? When I bump heads with some folks I think that. Grateful beyond measure I am not them. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 21, 2020 11:33 AM MDT

Fortunately, a couple of years ago, she decided to retire.  All they had to do after that was wait for the scent to follow her out the door. :)
      September 21, 2020 2:38 PM MDT

How many months did that take for it to dissipate? Ever go into a home of smoker? Everything wreaks of the stench. Upholstery carpet drapes. It's hard to go into such a place and remain for very long. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 22, 2020 4:06 AM MDT

Not really sure since we worked on different floors.  Yes, I know what you mean about the home of a smoker.  That was what pushed me to quit.  In the winter, all the windows are closed and I remember walking into my apartment one winter day and thinking, "It stinks in here."  I realized that I had ashtrays in every room in the house and while I emptied them before going to sleep every night, the smoke just got into the furniture.  Once I realized I was not going to relapse and go back to smoking, I painted, re-carpeted and re-furnished my entire apartment.  Now, I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke and stay far away from anyone who smokes.
      September 22, 2020 8:55 AM MDT

There are no folks more adamantly ANTI-smoking than former smokers. I know. My sister and brother-in-law smoked for decades. Then on my brother-in-law's 50th birthday (we had a huge celebration) he announced he was quitting smoking. He did it just like that. He never relapsed. My sis quit with him and she had a terrible time with it. NOW? You should hear them rant about smokers. I kinda think it's very cute in fact. That takes a lot of courage and CONFIDENCE L. You must be wired like my brother-in-law. Once he quit that was it. So you KNOW and changed and quite possibly saved your life as well as the lives of others who might have encountered your second hand smoke.! I know that sounds dramatic but my sister-in-law died from emphysema. She used to smoke and quit decades before her death. Her husband kept smoking even after surgery for lung cancer. I'm not kidding. He killed her we think. Not intentionally but how does that matter? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 22, 2020 1:05 PM MDT
      September 22, 2020 11:36 AM MDT

Quitting smoking was my 40th birthday present to myself.  Both my parents smoked as did my aunts and uncles.  My dad had to give it up due to health reasons and my mon quit to help him keep it up.  She wound up with COPD which may have been a factor in her death although she and my dad both died at 93!  A few friends from work and I went to a hypnosis session geared to helping us stop.  Since none of us wanted to be the one to cave, we helped each other along.  Most of us stayed strong, but two went back.  I smoked my last cigarette before the session and that was it.  
      September 22, 2020 1:08 PM MDT

That is an AWESOME story sweetie. So you've been CLEAN 35 years? EXCELLENT! Since I never smoked I cannot imagine how anyone could be addicted to it. My first and only serious experience was when I was 10 which I've recounted more than once here. I think I did a very good thing. The experience was so horrible it cured me of ever wanting to smoke. I was curious. I have heard many say they wanted to "look cool". I never thought smoking made anyone look "cool" but then I've never been cool so what do I know? Were you able to be hypnotized L? A close friend tried and failed. He said some people are unwilling to turn control over to others and so they cannot be hypnotized even if superficially they think they do.
      September 22, 2020 1:28 PM MDT

It's probably the best thing I could have done for myself.  Yes, we all did it to look cool and to seem grown up.  Every adult we knew also smoked, so we thought how bad could it be.  Makes me wonder why with all the medical knowledge we have now as to smoking's awful effects anyone would want to start.  

Yes, I was able to be hypnotized.  I guess the desire to stop smoking was so strong that I was willing to give myself up to it.  Of course, it helped tremendously that I had a boyfriend at that time who was a wonderful support.  He didn't smoke and he was great with me while I was going through "withdrawal" and could be really mean.  
      September 22, 2020 9:31 PM MDT

I've read that it isn't only a physical "addiction" that's in play. There is some kind of psychological addiction having to do with what do you do with your hands. The folks with the psychological addiction have a harder time quitting than those who don't. Of course having someone loving right there to help you through it never hurts. Why I wanted to be "put under" was because I always on a diet of one sort or another and they never worked for long. Short term sure but then I went right back to where I was.I was never obese but at the height of my struggles I weighed 150. So I thought if he could hypnotize me and give me a "suggestion" that stayed there I wouldn't need any drugs. I told you about the diet pills I tool once upon a time didn't I? After I'd lost the weight the doc said I should stop taking the pills. I told him I liked taking them. They gave me so much "energy". Wrong thing to say. He did not renew the prescription and so it took me two weeks to come out of the addiction. The pills they used to give were addictive but I guess at the time no one knew. It was HORRIBLE. Me a drug addict due to diet pills? So that's when I thought maybe being hypnotized would help me. He was our family dentist and a family friend. Some of his patients would be terrified of dentists so he used it to calm them down. Eventually in my mid 30's I slimmed down naturally. I think hypnotism for good outcomes is a godsend! You plant a helper within the mind that's always there to protect you. It's magic for sure. I wonder who invented smoking? I'll Google it and probably ask a question about it. Too bad all inventions can't beneficial. I'm going to ask that too! :) ((hugs))
      September 23, 2020 1:22 AM MDT

Some of the addiction to smoking is the habit itself - tamping the tobacco down, lighting the match, drawing o the cigarette.  Yes, something to do with your hands.  It's also figuring you when you smoke and doing something else at that time.  I used to wake up, lie in bed smoking a cigarette and then get up and get ready for work.   So, I stopped lying in bed and got up right away.  Smoking after a meal was another habit, so after I ate, I would get up and wash the dishes and clean up the kitchen.  Tricks like that help a lot.  They also tell you not to go out to bars when you're trying to quit.  I did everything I was supposed to do and it worked.  Diet pills are really amphetamines which is why they're addictive.  They can have a profoundly negative impact in your heart over a long period of time, though.
      September 23, 2020 5:55 AM MDT

I was taking "Speed" and I had no idea. Me a drug addict? Boy was I ever shocked to find that out! I'm guessing they don't use amphetamines in diet pills any more. I think I took them for maybe six months. My goal was to lose 25 lbs and I did. I weighed 125 for decades. Then after the cancer surgery in 2008 I lost another 5 naturally without dieting or trying. Recently a few months ago I was very sick for about 5 days and got down to 110. I don't know if I might have had a case of the virus but anyway I'm now around 112-114 and I feel good at that weight. I did nothing to lose the weight and am doing nothing to maintain it although I eat what I'm hungry for and some days I'm not that hungry. I weigh myself every morning. Not for the usual reason of not wanting to gain weight. For the reason that if you lose weight quickly without trying it could be a signal that the cancer came back. For the first time in my lie I fear being too thin and underweight for what it might indicate. Imagine that! :)
      September 23, 2020 6:04 AM MDT