Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Why do YOU think people admire celebrities?

Why do YOU think people admire celebrities?

Posted - September 19, 2020

Responses

Envy might be a big part of it. 

~

September 19, 2020 7:47 PM MDT

I never understood "green with envy". Green is such a wonderful color. 

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure you're right about a lot of people. 
      September 19, 2020 7:50 PM MDT

Those people may not have much of a life themselves. The only way for them to feel good about anything is to take notice and immerse themselves in someone else's life.
      September 19, 2020 7:54 PM MDT

Trying to vicariously share in what they have, would you say?

Thank you. 
      September 19, 2020 7:56 PM MDT

Some people mistake the on-screen persona and the real person, they forget the actor is...acting.  
    Other people see the masses of people scrambling to get close just to touch them or get their autograph then get caught up in the hype.  Actors are like all of us, they have all the same problems and all the ups and downs of life. They pay a big price for their status, however: no privacy, ever. 
      September 20, 2020 4:43 PM MDT

No one ever told them to find and live their own life.  Of course, someone  would have to be somewhat of  a moron to start with.  
      September 20, 2020 5:15 PM MDT

People are shallow, people want to be entertained, people don't want to have to think too deeply about anything - they want, perhaps need, to be told what to do and what to think, though they will vehemently pretend otherwise, after the manner of deliberately disruptive children.
    I sometimes wonder whether I, and Dom Pedro II, are the last right-thinkers of our time. [Sigh!] 
      September 27, 2020 10:51 AM MDT