Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » As a lifelong Democrat I have come to conclude that Democrats are Charlie Brown and Republicans are Lucy. Agree/dis/why??

As a lifelong Democrat I have come to conclude that Democrats are Charlie Brown and Republicans are Lucy. Agree/dis/why??

Posted - September 24, 2020

Responses

I disagree because I think Democrat pollitions are more like Popeye (defending rights). And Republican GOP are more like Blutoe bullying the rights of people. Also I think Donald Trump is a Wimmpy because his disonest buisness strategy was saying  I'll gladly pay Tuesday for a hamburger today. Cheers!
      September 24, 2020 11:22 AM MDT

See why I adore you Nanoose? Platonically of course! See? There you are watching our backs and DEFENDING US from me! That is what I treasure so much about you! You always have our backs! A Canadian always  has our backs! I know. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Just accept and thank and move on. But still and even so you are always there watching. Thank you for that! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 25, 2020 9:13 AM MDT
      September 24, 2020 11:41 AM MDT

The Democrats are pacifists. Everybody knows it and is the only one playing by the rules.
      September 24, 2020 11:36 AM MDT

So who is out there rioting, looting etc?   
      September 24, 2020 11:45 AM MDT

Who cares specifically who is rioting. These people riot because of mass injustice which is something I hope you can see with all your wisdom. Are we to keep taking it or are we to finally do something about it? Don't bother responding. I know how you are with matters such as this.
      September 24, 2020 11:51 AM MDT

:):):)
      September 24, 2020 11:55 AM MDT

Rioting does not correct an injustice.  It only creates more injustice. 

And there are things that need fixed.  Dirty/bad cops need to be charged and removed.  Bad training, incorrect procedures need fixed.  (No knock warrants, serving a search warrant the the middle of the night, etc. Need corrected)

Sen Scott had a bill to address police reform.  The Dems said they wanted amendments.  He said ok, lets do it.  They immediately stopped talking to him and killed the bill.  The Dems in charge do not want to fix it.  They want to campaign on it. 
      September 24, 2020 1:58 PM MDT

We are not at odds m'dear thee and me. In fact did you read what NANOOSE our Canadian friend wrote? He always has our backs and corrected me as you have done. Charlie Brown is honest honorable trusting. Lucy is everything Charlie Brown is not. I don't think we can change our stripes even if we were to try. Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Thursday to thee and thine. STAY SAFE! :)
      September 24, 2020 11:46 AM MDT