Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Did you know that the Saturn V rocket of the Apollo programs was invented by a Nazi?

Did you know that the Saturn V rocket of the Apollo programs was invented by a Nazi?

Wernher von Braun "invented" the Saturn V and was the lead architect for it and he was a Nazi. Just some more fun facts to fill your face :V

Posted - October 12, 2016

Responses

Welcome to the fun fun world of geopolitics, where the most evil insufferable must-be-punished scourges of humanity suddenly become important assets for "national security."
      October 12, 2016 8:30 AM MDT

Hahaha :P
      October 12, 2016 8:32 AM MDT

From what I remember from my reading, it was not suddenly by any stretch.  But yes eventually it did happen.
      October 12, 2016 1:06 PM MDT

Yes, during the war while he was in his homeland he was a member of the Nazi party.  He defected, so to speak, by surrendering to American soldiers and eventually was brought here.  He made a lot a contributions to America during his life.  He became a devout Christian and was quoted more than once as saying (paraphrased) that his study and work in science strengthened his Faith in God. 

Was this post supposed to be shocking or what?
      October 12, 2016 1:10 PM MDT

To many, yes it would be shocking? 
      October 12, 2016 1:26 PM MDT

No one I know, but I guess the same people who are acting like they've never heard the slang words for vagina but read 50 Shades of Grey and listen to trash rap, yeah, they might be shocked. 
      October 12, 2016 1:48 PM MDT