Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Got the money? You can buy not being in the military, grades, college degrees, wives and hookers. What can't you buy?

Got the money? You can buy not being in the military, grades, college degrees, wives and hookers. What can't you buy?

Integrity
Decency
Honesty
Honor
Respect
Love
Kindess
Purpose
Value
Internal body parts like a heart. Abstract concepts like a soul, caring, empathy

Posted - September 29, 2020

Responses

Fire insurance in California.  (humorous but true answer)
      September 29, 2020 12:39 PM MDT

True. Also we've been INUNDATED with info on EARTHQUAKE insurance from our insurance provider! WE RENT so there is no way we'll pay. We have RENTER'S insurance and however that works is ok. I guess "they" are expecting THE BIG ONE to hit during the virus pandemic, the demented don destruction and what is happening due to CLIMATE CHANGE. Sigh. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! So how is that new fires explosion affecting you? Close so you might have to EVACUATE? Life on the edge. Sheesh. :( This post was edited by RosieG at September 29, 2020 1:07 PM MDT
      September 29, 2020 12:46 PM MDT

No evacuations here.  The closest fire (North Complex) is fairly well managed.  They won't call it "contained", as if they do they wont get resources to fight it (the higher percent of containment a fire is, the less resources are allocated to it).  However, with winds dying down the smoke from ALL fires is starting to take over (nothing to blow it away).  The skies have been getting whiter as the day wears on.

Nearly all insurance companies are dropping fire insurance for california homes - especially those in outlying areas.  AAA dropped me last year.  However, they found me another company that still offered it.  After this years fires they may drop me too.  No way I can afford the states fire insurance.
      September 29, 2020 1:15 PM MDT

Are you still safe Shuhak? Read of new fires just exploding again with more evacautions ordered. It's just endless it seems. Anyway are you still OK? We got several notices from our insurance company about EARTHQUAKE insurance which we don't have. We rent so we have renter's insurance. We haven't received anything about fire insurance though there have been fires in southern California but not near enough to us to be threatening. The double whammy of flu and a resurgence of the virus is upon us imminently we are told. Bracing for it. What new do we do? Keep on keeping on. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      September 30, 2020 3:32 AM MDT

I'm fine.  nothing here but smoke.
    I have no earthquake insurance.  Can't afford it.  
      September 30, 2020 8:42 AM MDT

Us too neither. I'm glad you're fine. Since I don't know exactly where the fires are in relation to where YOU live as well as where your sister and her family live I always get nervous when another fire breaks out "up north". Are your skies still getting cleaner? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 30, 2020 1:55 PM MDT
      September 30, 2020 10:34 AM MDT

I'm in Grass Valley.

The air has gotten steadily worse today.  I have to wear my "fire" mask outside.  Inside isn't much better.  Lungs ache and it's hard to breathe.
      September 30, 2020 2:00 PM MDT

Oh geez. I was afraid of that. With your asthma you definitely have an "underlying" condition. Pre-existing. Which you already know. Several weeks ago we bought a 2021 Road Atlas. I just looked you up and circled you. You are on P. 27 NI 8. It's the RAND McNALLY Large Scale Atlas. You stay indoors and don't have to work outside all day as some do. You are having much difficulty breathing so what is happening to those who are outside all day long breathing it in directly? You have a "fire" mask? I never heard of it. Does it keep out 100% of the bad stuff? How does it filter and where does the bad stuff go and is it uncomfortable to wear? Can you sleep with it on at night? Sorry for the 3rd degree Shuhak. Not intentional but I'm just feeling so awful about all the folks who live in the fire areas and that seems to be more and more not less and less. Aching lungs and being hard to breathe sounds scary. Do you think you should see a doctor? SIGH. I know. Another bag of worms! Climate change/pandemic/demented duck. What next? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      October 1, 2020 1:54 AM MDT

What I call a "fire mask" is an n95 mask (not a COVID mask).  It has changeable filters (not reusable filters).  It keeps out most of the ash and junk.  I know it isn't 100% effective as I can still feel the smoke in my lungs, just not as intense as without it.  I only use it when I go outside and when the air is bad.  There are some days when the air, although still smoky, is "good enough" that I don't need it.   I do not sleep with the mask on.  I have an old Ortik air purifier that I use to help filter out some of the pollutants, but it's not great anymore.  My doctor knows about my asthma.  Not much he can do about it.
    Even with the AQI over 150, many people still work outside - without any mask.  My next door neighbor has fans in  their open windows.  They're smokers, but still... they're pulling in all that toxic air.   people are weird.
      October 1, 2020 12:28 PM MDT

Actually, money does buy body parts.
    1 - You have to be able to either afford insurance, or pay "out of pocket", if you need surgery of any sort.
    2 - With enough money, you can "jump the line" for wait times.
    3 - There is a black market on organs.

September 29, 2020 2:29 PM MDT

Heart transplant? Brain transplant? I've seen movies of the evildoers purposely killing healthy people to extract needed organs for the obscenely wealthy. So that actually occurs then? A black market on organs? I wonder what the demented duck would be like if he had a heart and a different brain? He could not be worse. Thank you for your reply Walt.
      September 30, 2020 3:34 AM MDT