Active Now

Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Those of you who have ever been married, how different might your life be now if you had married a year later than you did?

Those of you who have ever been married, how different might your life be now if you had married a year later than you did?

If I had had the foresight to focus more on my finances, and the discipline to stick to a budget, saving more money for twelve months would have been nice. I may have been able to move into a better apartment upon getting married than the one I chose. (I went from living in the barracks to my first apartment the month before the wedding.)
  Also, one more year of maturity would have been nice.

~

Posted - September 30, 2020

Responses

I don't think it would be any different.  My children might be a year younger today.
      September 30, 2020 11:48 PM MDT

I'd rather wait a year and look better which is a nice way of saying, get some "work" done, get my teeth fixed etc.  This post was edited by . at October 1, 2020 7:46 AM MDT
      October 1, 2020 5:44 AM MDT

• My answer is quite similar to yours.  I had a pretty substantial pay increase a few months after getting married and it would have very likely resulted in a different first home together. 
      October 1, 2020 7:45 AM MDT