Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why should Joe Biden show up for another demented duck "performance art" lounge act? Would you?

Why should Joe Biden show up for another demented duck "performance art" lounge act? Would you?

Posted - October 1, 2020

Responses

He need to show up for no other reason than simply not giving Trump and ammunition to call him weak and a coward and afraid to "debate" him.  What Biden might want to do is show up, just let Trump talk endlessly without interrupting him and thank him for a great debate at the end.
      October 1, 2020 12:39 PM MDT

I was surprised he didn't walk out of the last one.  I would have.  
      October 1, 2020 1:10 PM MDT

Me too. Now it's moot. The duck may be dying. He is old he is fat and he has underlying medical conditions. They say he has MILD symptoms. When did anyone there tell us the truth? As I said he could be dying. We'll see. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      October 2, 2020 12:00 PM MDT

Mr. Biden is in a difficult position.

If he shows up he is likely to be treated just as rudely. If he refuses, Republican and possibly even many Democrat supporters might consider him to have caved in to Mr. Trump.

Perhaps just being there, keeping calm and polite and never descending to insults even if he can barely get a word in edgeways, would be his best weapon.

I don't like the idea of these TV "debates" (which they are not) anyway, irrespective of the country and politics. They just cheapen the whole process even if fairly civilised. In this case, from the excerpts I have heard it sounded as if Trump does not think about how his presidency, and by extension the governance, of the USA might be seen by the rest of the world.
      October 1, 2020 3:03 PM MDT

What with duck having tested positive for the virus and now in isolation for a couple of weeks it may be moot. The best laid plans of mice and men (and ducks) gang aft agly! Per Robbie Burns! Thank you for your reply Durdle! :)
      October 2, 2020 7:19 AM MDT