Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » They KNEW the duck was a racist when they voted for him. What they didn't know is how crazy stupid he is. Vote again for crazy stupid?

They KNEW the duck was a racist when they voted for him. What they didn't know is how crazy stupid he is. Vote again for crazy stupid?

Posted - October 1, 2020

Responses

As I have commented before, behavior is "overdetermined"---in other words, there is usually more than one reason that a person acts as they do.

I suspect that individual decisions regarding the weight, if any, to give what some refer to as "what matters" and "fluff" and any other considerations may not be evaluated properly by the individual voter.

And as I've also commented, one's judgment is only as good as the indicators that one judges to be correct or incorrect as sufficient elements of prediction.

And logically, it is therefore reasonable to think that there may be some hidden personality trait endemic to those who decide to vote for Trump which ultimately causes them to vote for him.

Scary, huh?
    This post was edited by tom jackson at October 2, 2020 1:59 AM MDT
      October 1, 2020 11:49 AM MDT

VERY scary.  
      October 1, 2020 12:34 PM MDT

Indeed. The effort of millions of republicans this time  is not to facilitate an election but to prevent one from taking place. To block delay give out false information. To frighten intimidate. At the state legislature level republicans have been working very hard to "massage" the rules to obstacle those who will not vote for the duck. Millions of them in cities and in states. In unison one goal. PREVENT a free and fair election. To that end they are all in collusion and conspiring to keep the duck in office in power by any means possible. It is extensive and pervasive and will work if we don't fight hard and fight long to right the wrong they are conspiring to perpetrate! They are all despicable. There is no integrity honor honesty worth to any of them. I do hope and pray they get precisely what they deserve. Better here where I can watch but if not then somewhere sometime somehow. I think my gawd my gawd my gawd!. I have been so blind so long. No longer. SIGH. Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Friday to thee and thine tom! :)
      October 2, 2020 2:06 AM MDT

Well said
      October 2, 2020 12:27 PM MDT

Thank you m'dear. Now that the duck is in seclusion fighting what may well be a very bad case of the virus what do you think will happen?
      October 2, 2020 12:53 PM MDT

One of the first thoughts I had was what would happen if Trump were comatose on election day.

I also wonder whether it will finally dawn on him that he has been totally wrong about what he has said to Americans about Covid-19 and the value of masks.

And I think that he has ignored The Doctrine of Logical Consequences...

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/10/donald-trumps-covid-19-clinical-probabilities/616584/

October 2, 2020 1:08 PM MDT

I think the duck is very ill and we will not hear from him or see him. He has not tweeted or called in to faux news or made any statements or any appearances today at all. He may be dying for all we know. They said "mild" symptoms. Perhaps that was lie. But mild can turn to severe very quckly and I think the duck is currently in dire straits because ordinarily you cannot shut him up. Here he is. Invisible and silent. That is not normal. So we wait to find out what's up. Thank you for your reply and the link tom! :)
      October 2, 2020 1:14 PM MDT

I enjoyed reading this:  (be sure and click on "story continues")

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumpworld-delighted-cruelty-now-trump-164820602.html This post was edited by tom jackson at October 3, 2020 1:38 AM MDT
      October 2, 2020 1:27 PM MDT

Oh boy! Thank you for the link and the review. I will do so m'dear and then share my reaction with you. Thank you for the link tom and Happy Saturday to you and yours! :) I read and I enjoyed it and of course I shall be obliged to ask a question about it. I shall give you blind credit for giving me the link tom. Hypocrisy is not new to the duck or his adoring worshippers. I believe they are simple thinkers. Complexity eludes them. They do not understand consequences or results or reactions. They only perceive the NOW. Which of course is very limiting to the intellect. Here goes! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 3, 2020 3:00 PM MDT
      October 3, 2020 1:39 AM MDT

His national spokeswoman is black. 
    He permanently funded historically black colleges. (Not Biden did not get his start at one)
    Classified the KKK as a terrorist group

October 1, 2020 12:40 PM MDT

1) When someone like Trump is addicted to "Sugar" it doesn't matter if it is white or brown---he just grabs it regardless of tint.

Thanks for that list of "fluff."
      October 1, 2020 1:25 PM MDT

Maybe fluff to you. You can define what is fluff for you. 

I listed many policies that Trump enacted.  That is what counts for me.  But I guess policy is just fluff to you....no problem.  
      October 1, 2020 1:44 PM MDT

What you categorize as "fluff" exists only because you have arbitrarily assigned no importance to those actions in your own mind.

Why not list a few policies that Trump "enacted" that were implemented because it was the right thing to do for the people affected by it rather than the expedient self-serving thing to do.

I guess you categorize separating immigrant families as "fluff."

In 1973, the U.S. Department of Justice sued Trump Management, Donald Trump and his father Fred, for discrimination against African Americans in their renting practices.[13][44]

Testers from the New York City Human Rights Division had found that prospective Black renters at Trump buildings were told there were no apartments available, while prospective White renters were offered apartments at the same buildings.[45] During the investigation four of Trump's agents admitted to using a "C" or "9" code to label Black applicants and stated that they were told their company "discouraged rental to blacks" or that they were "not allowed to rent to black tenants," and that prospective Black renters should be sent to the central office while White renters could have their applications accepted on site. Three doormen testified to being told to discourage prospective Black renters by lying about the rental prices or claiming no vacancies were available.[46][47] A settlement was reached in 1975 where Trump agreed to familiarize himself with the Fair Housing Act, take out ads stating that Black renters were welcome, give a list of vacancies to the Urban League on a weekly basis, and allow the Urban League to present qualified candidates for 20% of vacancies in properties that were less than 10% non-White.[48][49]

Elyse Goldweber, the Justice Department lawyer tasked with taking Trump's deposition, has stated that during a coffee break Trump said to her directly, "You know, you don't want to live with them either." This post was edited by tom jackson at October 2, 2020 2:07 AM MDT
      October 1, 2020 2:45 PM MDT

"Why not list a few policies that Trump "enacted" that were implemented because it was the right thing to do for the people affected by it rather than the expedient self-serving thing to do."

I did list policies.  Perhaps you should re-read. 

Separating immigrant child traffickers from their child victims.  Not that is not fluff.  That is good policy.  Many of the "families" were not family at all.  The adults were simply using the children to gain access to the USA.  Then shipping the child back to be used again. Who knows what other abuse the children suffered along the way.  We regularly separate children from criminal parents in this county even when they are legal citizens.  It is called looking out for the child's best interest. 
      October 1, 2020 3:16 PM MDT

:):):)
      October 2, 2020 2:07 AM MDT

:):):)
      October 2, 2020 2:06 AM MDT

Oh, I see---many of the families were not "real" families.

My father was transferred from the Northwest to Dallas in 1960.  At that time, Negroes were still called precisely that---and there were two drinking fountains in various establishments.

One labeled "white" and the other "blacks."

And one of the comments that were intended as a joke---at the time and for a long time after that---was that if you wanted to determine who was a "good" vs a "bad" Negro the best way was to kill them all and let God sort them out.

And now you advocate separation of all immigrant families in that situation---real or not---and to then let God repair the damage to the "real" families.

After all this time, I understand how you think....

OH DEAR....

October 1, 2020 3:31 PM MDT

If they are using children who are not theirs then no, they are not a family. 

www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/10/30/mexico-cartels-recruit-children-to-smuggle-people-to-us/

Do not put words in my mouth.  I do not now nor have I ever advocated for violence towards anyone. 
      October 1, 2020 4:29 PM MDT

Hmm---

Is choosing not to wear a mask simply an example of a form of potential passive-aggressive violence?

As I mentioned, behavior is so overdetermined--and contact tracing in one's psyche is so complicated.

(the human soul, mind, or spirit)

OH DEAR....
      October 2, 2020 12:38 PM MDT

Did you just deflect to masks??? LOL
      October 2, 2020 1:38 PM MDT

No, I didn't deflect.

A basic metaphysical principle is "First you are and then you act."

Over the time I have been here, all your answers, comments and specifically your replies to me have allowed me significant insight into how you must think, what your principles most likely are, and what seems to motivates you......

October 2, 2020 1:52 PM MDT

Really?  I doubt you know anything close to whatever you think you do about me.  
      October 2, 2020 2:16 PM MDT

I suppose you might have more than one personality, but the one you have crafted and exhibited on here is the one I've got pretty well profiled.

And my comment about masks was a rebuttal about your statement that you "do not now nor have I ever advocated for violence towards anyone."

So perhaps you don't advocate per se---maybe you just occasionally commit it silently. This post was edited by tom jackson at October 2, 2020 4:59 PM MDT
      October 2, 2020 4:57 PM MDT

This an assumption. You do not know if or when I wear a mask. 

Or even if it is asked in my state. 

October 2, 2020 5:39 PM MDT