Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Obese people have a 33% greater chance of dying from the virus than thin people. WHY?

Obese people have a 33% greater chance of dying from the virus than thin people. WHY?

1. They use 7-50% MORE OXYGEN each day than normal sized people
2. They usually have underlying conditions like diabetes or heart disease complicating things

Posted - October 5, 2020

Responses

Why did you answer your own question? Nothing left for me to look up.
      October 5, 2020 12:18 PM MDT

Sure there is:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/09/why-covid-19-more-deadly-people-obesity-even-if-theyre-young
      October 5, 2020 12:31 PM MDT

Once again thanks for coming in with a very useful informative and substantive reply tom. I appreciate it! Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 6, 2020 11:42 PM MDT
      October 6, 2020 2:49 AM MDT

I support tom's reply to you E. I give you the tip of the iceberg. If you have no interest in what lies beneath how is that my fault? How am I to blame for your lack of curiosity? Seriously? I have no clue why you replied as you did. Do you? In any case thank you and Happy Tuesday to you and yours. This post was edited by RosieG at October 6, 2020 2:49 AM MDT
      October 6, 2020 2:48 AM MDT

Bet Trump is not eating the hospital food like the doctors  suggested  he is probally  still on his burger diet. Cheers!
      October 5, 2020 12:42 PM MDT

I know you are correct once again Nanoose. The duck calls all the shots. The duck tells his doctors what to say and he does what he dam* well pleases even if he is dying. He can't submit to any authority even if it will cost his life. Remember he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and never played with a full deck of cards. Will he cause his own earlier death? Probably. Thank you for your reply m'dear. I expect he is eating dozens of McDonald's BIG MACS and beautiful chocolate cake with two scoops of ice cream at every meal every day. Obesity is what he doesn't mind. Yet he is so conceited about his looks. I'm going to ask why that is. :)
      October 6, 2020 2:54 AM MDT