Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Cowardly mitch now ordered a two-week break for the senate. THREE GOP senators are virused! DUH?

Cowardly mitch now ordered a two-week break for the senate. THREE GOP senators are virused! DUH?

But the son of an itch sez the advise and consent for the amy dame (a traitor to her gender bigly) will go foward next week VIRTUALLY! VIRTUALLY?

I thought you had to show up in person ACTUALLY to vote. Remote? The old goat. Sheesh. What a gutless wonder.

Posted - October 5, 2020

Responses

I'm not sure about the voting requirements in the Senate ... but I believe they can designate another Senator to cast their vote.

If that's the case, they could have 1 Senator on the floor to cast the official votes - and everybody else could virtual in, telling them how to vote.

October 5, 2020 1:54 PM MDT

Are you certain about that Walt? I thought it is a mandatory requirement to show up in the Senate on the floor to cast a vote. Remember when John McCain was very ill but came to the Senate so that he could cast a vote to keep the AHCA which SAVED IT? That enraged the duck and forever thereafter he retaliated revenged insults attacks John McCain even in the grave. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      October 6, 2020 2:34 AM MDT

Apparently, it may just be in committee voting.

https://www.senate.gov/reference/glossary_term/proxy_voting.htm
      October 6, 2020 6:58 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Walt and the link. Que Sera Sera? Oy vey! :(
      October 6, 2020 7:05 AM MDT

Does that mean that the coronavirus aid package will be delayed another 2 weeks? Cheers!
      October 5, 2020 2:23 PM MDT

Yes. Oui. Certainement. Meanwhile folks are jobless foodless homeless and soon if the GOP has it way they will be insuranceless medically speaking. The GOP is sure good at destruction. What award do they deserve for their REPUBLICAN MAJORITY SENATE CATASTROPHE CALAMITY EVILDOING? I dunno. Whatcha think Nanoose? You're very creative. What award reward medal plaque statue would you give and what would be its name? The duck award for QUACKERY? Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 6, 2020 2:38 AM MDT

The BO award because he stinks. Cheers!

October 6, 2020 9:45 AM MDT

I wonder if there was ever such stinker as the dumb cluck duck. On EVERY LEVEL? But yah he'd probably like it bunches. Whatever singles him out for the crowd he loves. Ever stinking probably. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      October 6, 2020 2:54 PM MDT