Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What are among the most wonderful wondrous wonders about the internet for you?

What are among the most wonderful wondrous wonders about the internet for you?

For me?

You chat with and interact with people all over the world some of whom become lifetime pals/friends whom you will never meet face to face!

I wonder if people in ancient times could ever have imagined something that wondrously unbelievable?

Posted - October 6, 2020

Responses

That's a wonderful thing.  And ties to my answer.

I think the most wondrous thing about it still, is the reason it was originally created.
    The sharing of knowledge.
    Sure, some "knowledge" is false or purposefully misleading ... but there's also a lot of knowledge that is true, that people would have difficulty finding otherwise.  

When I was in high school, I had to do a report on nuclear power.
    The local library didn't have much.  
    Nor did a trip to the local nuclear power plant provide much material I could study.
    I had to send a letter to the Department of Energy requesting material, and then wait weeks for it to arrive.
    Now - I can just go online and get material in minutes, and even cross-check it with other sources.
      October 6, 2020 8:04 AM MDT

Mebbe that's why we clicked Walt. We both have a great respoect for INFORMATION and KNOWLEDGE and LEARNING and INVESTIGATING and RESEARCHING and KNOWING AND RECEIVING AND GIVING AND SHARING AND SOUNDBOARDING. That's the hook for us I guess. Some have no curiosity or interest or desire in LEARNING. When you TRY to engage with them it never happens. They have NO INTEREST in anything but the script prepared for them by their religious group or their party or their hate group. Nothing exists for them OUTSIDE THAT MILLIONS OF THEM are like that. I do not see how any of them find any reason for living. They don't. They float and bob and go where the wind blows and the wind is what directs them to wherever. No curiosity. No interest. Programmed hate and fear sustain them. No hyperbole. It is what it is. Isn't it? Thank you for your reply m'dear. We are getting closer and closer to the big blowup blowout meltdown disintegration disappearance extinction. Coming soon to a theater near you. Shoes are required.

The once and future king extincted in living color on TV. Bring the popcorn. I'll bring the chips and the CRACKER JACKS and the nuts.

This post was edited by RosieG at October 6, 2020 2:02 PM MDT
      October 6, 2020 2:00 PM MDT

The most wonderous thing is that you can find out the answer to just about everything on the Internet.  It is also great to be able to communicate with so many people you don't know and learn from them.
      October 6, 2020 9:56 AM MDT

Exactly! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      October 6, 2020 2:48 PM MDT

The most wonderful, wondrous wonder about the Internet is I gave it a try. Back in 2000 I was dead set against the Internet and computors and figured they were going to be the end of civilization  as we know it. I am usally set in my ways so it is amazing that I started using the Internet and now enjoy it. Cheers!
      October 6, 2020 10:43 AM MDT

The end of civilization as we know it? YOU? NAH. No way. That would be like saying cars were the end of horse and  buggies and tekephones were the end of Pony Express and electric lights were the end of kerosene lamps and candles. You are a forefronter forerunner. Of course I don't know whom you were before I knew you  I like the you now for what it's worth. That other you? I dunno if we would have been able to get along. Anyway I'm glad you overcame your hesitance and reticence cuz here you are! Thank you for your reply Nanoose. End of civilization or end of civility? This post was edited by RosieG at October 6, 2020 2:49 PM MDT
      October 6, 2020 2:42 PM MDT

Anything your mind can conceive, there's something about it on the internet. You can therefore read until your heart's content. This post was edited by Zack at October 6, 2020 2:42 PM MDT
      October 6, 2020 2:04 PM MDT

I know and you know what Zack? No matter what recipe I look up it's there. If I type in broccoli macaroni cheese artichoke heart mushroom asparagus RECIPES WILL COME UP! No matter the combination I think I THOUGHT UP I didn't. Someone else was there before me. At first it was kinda unsettling but NOW? I ADORE GOODLE! Jim understands and isn't remotely jealous. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine. Hope all is well. STAY SAFE! :)
      October 6, 2020 2:44 PM MDT