Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Woodrow Wilson, RACIST DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT said nothing about the Spanish FLU. ZERO. IGNORED IT. How many died?

Woodrow Wilson, RACIST DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT said nothing about the Spanish FLU. ZERO. IGNORED IT. How many died?

Worldwide about 50 million died. In the US about 675,000 died.

So Republicans don't have a lock on RACIST PRESIDENT or tragically handled pandemics.

At least the duck tells his peep to go out and and not be afraid! Which of course will lead to more deaths.

I dunno. why do we get the worst people in control when we need the best?

Posted - October 7, 2020

Responses

The Democrats were also responsible for Jim Crow, and the KKK was initially a Dem movement as well. FDR was the first Dem POTUS to have any sort of sense of social justice at all.
    The former Confederate states were solidly blue until Lyndon Johnson signed civil rights into law in 1965. Nixon's lackey, Barry Goldwater, publicly opposed them and the South suddenly decided that Goldy was their boy and switched from blue to red practically overnight. Contrariwise, the states that had supported the bill, particularly those with a high percentage of black voters, similarly deflated their red balloons and put up blue ones.
      October 7, 2020 4:19 AM MDT

Most of the south state governments remained in Dem control until the 1990s. 
      October 7, 2020 4:23 AM MDT

Our track record is pretty crappy isn't it? Nothing to be very proud about. I wonder if progressive liberals are trying to atone for all of that? I wasn't very political years ago. My folks were Democrats so I was too but I didn't really understand what that meant. I do now. Warts and all. Thank you for your thoughtful and informative answer R. Has any political party been 100% GOOD from the start? Or do all of them include seamy seedy greedy corrupt deceitfuls? SIGH. :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 7, 2020 5:02 AM MDT
      October 7, 2020 5:01 AM MDT

He even caught it and hid it from the public.

And Woodrow was not the Dems only racist Pres. LBJ would have been the last one. Biden will take that title if he wins.    This post was edited by my2cents at October 7, 2020 4:26 AM MDT
      October 7, 2020 4:22 AM MDT