Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ghengis Khan monstrous beast was allegedly responsible for the deaths of 40 million people. How do we judge MOST MONSTROUS?

Ghengis Khan monstrous beast was allegedly responsible for the deaths of 40 million people. How do we judge MOST MONSTROUS?

By the number of death? By the nature of those deaths? By the reason for those deaths?

Hitler was responsible for the extermination of "only" 6 million Jews. Is he a piker monster-wise or was there something more evil about him than there was about Ghengis Khan?

I GOOGLED "who is the most evil person who ever lived" and a woman's name came up who murdered babies.

Ask "who were the most evil people who ever lived" and the list is very long.

And getting longer.

We are going in the wrong direction and our speed is accelerating. To what end? Annihilation?

Posted - October 7, 2020

Responses

As a percentage of the general population?  Pol Pot's regime wiped out 70% of the population of Cambodia, Leopold II of Belgium killed or mutilated about half of the Congolese. Genghis Khan was also in that region but over a much wider area, which puts Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and Mao Zedong into the lightweight category. Genghis also preferred to rape and release female captives rather than killing them outright, a study shows the percentage of people in Western Asia who are descendants of his is staggering - more than half.
      October 7, 2020 4:11 AM MDT

Once again you come through m'dear. AARRGGHH! Answer me this if you can. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY MONSTERS in Homo Sapiens history? Who was the first monstrous human? I'm going to ask. Maybe he/she is hidden in antiquity and we shall never ever ever ever know.:)
      October 7, 2020 5:05 AM MDT