Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » The logic behind the current Trump campaign gambit is perplexing. Attacking Bill Clinton's sexual past. Aren't they asking for it?

The logic behind the current Trump campaign gambit is perplexing. Attacking Bill Clinton's sexual past. Aren't they asking for it?

Posted - October 13, 2016

Responses

• WOMEN ARE ASKING FOR IT!?!?!?! OH MY!!!!!! That isn't very nice to say.
      October 13, 2016 7:01 AM MDT

Bill is not running for Prez, so his past escapades are irrelevant. So what he is trying to get from it is indeed perplexing.
      October 13, 2016 7:08 AM MDT

• It's called misdirection.  

While people are busy looking at what is being pointed at, nobody is supposed to pay any attention to the stuff that's actually important and on which I have so far heard a big fat zero from one camp and precious little from the other.
      October 13, 2016 7:15 AM MDT

But aren't they setting themselves up for more digging up of Trump's disgustingness MrWitch? Focusing on an opponent's husband's dalliances when Trump is a yoooge dalliancer himself seems quite stupid to me. It does. Really stoopid. But then he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer so why would he surrounded himself with anyone smarter than he is? So he doesn't! They are glib but insubstantial and very short-sighted and apparently don't have a clue that the way they attacking Hillary is the very worst thing they do. Oh well. It's not my job to  save their sinking ship. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday m'dear! :)
      October 14, 2016 5:14 AM MDT

Hi ele! I think they are doing the very wrongest thing they could do. Stoopid is as stoopid does.  Focusing on Bill Clinton's past dalliances when Trump is a yoooge dalliancer himself? Seriously? They are just preparing the stage for more digging up of more Trump tapes. How many accusations can he deny simultaneously and retain credibility? Of course his base cares not.  They think he is MrWonderful so every stoopid thing Trump says/does seems really smart to them. What does that say about them? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      October 14, 2016 5:17 AM MDT

I saw the word stupid show up on this thread many times. Isn't that the bottom line? Stupidity of trump's sheep? Adolph...I mean Donald is brilliant in a way that he can maintain so many followers. But...so do Maury Povich and Jerry Springer.
      October 14, 2016 5:26 AM MDT