Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Judge amy honey girl allegedly sez the AHCA (affordable health care act) is unconstitutional! UNCONSTITUTIONAL?

Judge amy honey girl allegedly sez the AHCA (affordable health care act) is unconstitutional! UNCONSTITUTIONAL?

How can making health care affordable and available to millions of people with pre-existing conditions which has can and will SAVE LIVES be unconstitutional?

How does that make any sense at all to you? Letting people die is fine because it is in accordance with the constitution. SAY WHAT? Having a way to provide health care coverage for those with pre-existing conditions of which there are MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS is unconstitutional? In what country?

Posted - October 12, 2020

Responses

I do not know what her reasoning was but I know it would have had to do with the way it was passed or operated.  

I know there were questions about where the bill was started. Bills increasing taxes must start in the House. 
      October 12, 2020 8:42 AM MDT

Well, if it didn't start in the House, where did it start?  I believe, the unconstitutionality had to do with it's being mandatory.
      October 12, 2020 12:00 PM MDT

The Senate passed the bill first.  A bill with new taxes (revenue) is supposed start in the House according to the Constitution. 
    House passed the Senate bill as is (no changes at all). 

This is part of what made it unconstitutional. Also just the question of the mandate which was enforced by the tax law.

There maybe more arguments for unconstititionality but that is what I remember at this time. This post was edited by my2cents at October 12, 2020 11:26 PM MDT
      October 12, 2020 1:14 PM MDT