Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Does seeing a cross on a public building make you a BETTER CHRISTIAN? Are you anti separation of church and state?

Does seeing a cross on a public building make you a BETTER CHRISTIAN? Are you anti separation of church and state?

What your religion is IS YOUR RIGHT IN PRIVATE. Parading it around in public achieves what exactly? I don't need to see a cross in public places to believe in GOD. WHY DO YOU? Within YOU and in your home and in your place of worship is where all of that belongs. Don't you realize that? If not why not?

Posted - October 13, 2020

Responses

No where does the Constitution say we must practice our faith in private. 

It is not freedom from religion (all you religious people do that in your homes and churches) it is freedom of religion. 
      October 13, 2020 2:22 PM MDT

"The most important thing to remember is that freedom of religion, if it is going to apply to everyone, also requires freedom from religion. Why is that? You do not truly have the freedom to practice your religious beliefs if you are also required to adhere to any of the religious beliefs or rules of other religions."

https://www.learnreligions.com/freedom-from-religion-249685
      October 13, 2020 10:27 PM MDT

:):):)
      October 14, 2020 4:26 AM MDT

That is not what the Constitution says.   

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Simply means no official Gov religion.  And the Gov cannot say You must only practice your religion at home and at your church/temple/etc. 
      October 14, 2020 10:20 AM MDT

The government is not saying you have to practice your religion at home or at your place of worship.  It's saying that because Covid spreads through the air when people are in close proximity to each other when not wearing masks, they are imposing a limitation on the number of people who may attend religious and other functions - not that they may not attend them at all.  
      October 14, 2020 12:29 PM MDT

The original question says "What your religion is IS YOUR RIGHT IN PRIVATE."
      October 14, 2020 1:42 PM MDT

It is your right in private and, under normal circumstances, in public or anywhere else you choose so long as it isn't infringing on the rights of anyone else.  You just can't admit you're wrong.  I'm done wasting my time.
      October 14, 2020 10:09 PM MDT

Again I was addressing the question which said "right in practice in private." 

No mention of covid or anything else. 
    I am not wrong.  
    That is in no way what it says.
    We are free to practice our religion whatever it is...or to choose to practice atheism. But someone choice to practice atheism does not affect me and my worship. Just as I cannot/would not force anyone to pray.  My praying should not offend anyone else. 
      October 15, 2020 4:46 AM MDT