Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Duck DESPARATION? Duck will do a one-hour TOWN HALL MEETING on NBC with Savannah Gurthrie?

Duck DESPARATION? Duck will do a one-hour TOWN HALL MEETING on NBC with Savannah Gurthrie?

No FAUX news? No yawn shinnity or sucker farlson to ask the "softball" questions duck does do so well?

HE HAS NEVER BEEN THIS DESPERATE! DARE HE? SHOULD HE? SHALL HE or SHALLN'T he?

Oh. He will be wearing  as earpiece and the yawn and sucker will be feeding him his lines. Makes sense. He is very dense.

Posted - October 14, 2020

Responses

Savannah Guthrie - the voice that sounds like fingernails on a blackboard.  Another one I can't stand to listen to.
      October 14, 2020 9:51 AM MDT

I know the name and I think I could recognize her in a lineup but I cannot remember the voice! Are you familiar with her L? Does she throw any hardballs or only soft cuddly cozy? Thank you for your reply.

I can't conceive of or believe that the dumb cluck duck would agree to it unless he had assurances that she would treat him oh so swell.
      October 14, 2020 1:08 PM MDT

You would definitely recognize her.  I have no idea whether or not she lobs soft or hard balls because I can't listen to her for more than a second before I change the channel.  

October 14, 2020 10:17 PM MDT

Yep. I've seen her and probably heard her too L. Perhaps I just blocked it out of my memory. Duck and Joe Biden were supposed to have a debate today but because it was going to be virtual duck sqawked and refused to participate. So Joe is having a town hall on abc I think and Duck is going a round with guthrie on nbc. When duck can't have his way everybody pays. Thanks for the photo sweetie. I wonder...changing subject but still related...if the amy dame ever had anyone tell her that her voice is intolerable to listen to and that if she is going to talk a lot she should take speech lessons. I shall ask. Happy Thursday and STAY SAFE! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 15, 2020 11:06 AM MDT
      October 15, 2020 1:26 AM MDT

Both town halls are scheduled for overlapping times tonight.  I'm sure that Trump engineered that as he had his show on NBC and is best buds with the powers that be at Universal NBC.  One or the other program will have to be DVR'd which is unfair to those who don't have that feature, but since I already know for whom I'm voting, I don't plan to watch either one.

As for Amy's being told her voice is annoying, probably not.   This post was edited by SpunkySenior at October 16, 2020 2:51 AM MDT
      October 15, 2020 11:09 AM MDT

When are you voting L? On election day or before? Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Friday! :)
      October 16, 2020 2:52 AM MDT

I took my mail-in ballot to the Post Office yesterday.  I', still having problems with sciatica and I doubt I could wait on a line for any length of time, so I did mail-in.  If I'm able to, I will go to my usual polling place on 11/3 and make sure that they received my ballot.  If not, I will be able to vote as usual.
      October 16, 2020 8:35 AM MDT

Geez L your sciatica is STILL bothering you? How long has it been? A couple of months? Is that 'normal'? I think there is a tracking mechanism set up to track our votes. I haven't checked it out yet. We just dropped off our ballots on Wednesday so I'm giving it a few days. Never in my life did I think this would be what we had to do in AMERICA. Did you? SIGH. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      October 16, 2020 12:20 PM MDT

It isn't as bad as it was, but standing for any length of time is painful.  I did have this problem a long time ago and it lasted for more than a year.  I went to an orthopedist who prescribed Vioxx which was an anti-inflammatory no longer on the market because it caused too many heart problems.  Celebrex is the only one prescribed now and that didn't work for me.

I don't know if there's a tracking mechanism, but I'm going to try and find out.

October 16, 2020 12:38 PM MDT

Does a heating pad help alleviate the pain L? Maybe it might be soothing if only while you are using it. Gosh...lasted a year? I wonder if could be something else? Sometimes a glitch in one place triggers pain elsewhere. I know where the sciatic nerve and I have on rare occasions had mine throbbing and it was painful. But it didn't last more than a couple of days and then it went away. It's like my arthritis. it shows up sometimes and my hand (right hand mostly) gets all swollen and red for a day or two and then it goes back to "normal". I don't know what triggers it but it's something I have no problem living with. When I was working though it would come and go and that was really tough. Some days I couldn't hold a pen. It's weird how it can ebb and flow. It seems to me if you have a condition/disease you have it 24/7. It isn't transient. But that's not the way it is. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 17, 2020 5:01 AM MDT

I'm OK if I'm sitting,  The spine curves when you sit, so it relieves the pressure on the disk.  When I stand up, it pinches again causing the pain.  I'm not a big believer in physical therapy as it hasn't worked for me in the past, but I am going to have to do something about this soon.
      October 17, 2020 5:46 AM MDT

I had physical therapy on a "frozen shoulder" years ago which saved me from having to have surgery. Jim has physical therapy have a torn rotator cuff should surgery and it help in the recovery. But he has a compressed disk in his spine that all the physical therapy in the world can't cure. It will never get better unless he undergoes surgery and the success rate I read is something like 50%. Now at almost 85 he wouldn't chance it. Thank you for your reply. I'm so lucky. My baby sister has the problem Jim has...no padding in her spine between some ribs. She was on an opiod for years but weaned herself off last year and now she just uses over the counter meds. So I am aware of my luck and I'm grateful but also I feel guilty.Why me? A question no one can answer so why ask it? Ah. I'm going to ask! :)
      October 17, 2020 6:24 AM MDT

I have disk compression, too which is why I'm not doing physical therapy - it won't help the condition and I'm not ready yet to do a surgical procedure with only a 50% success rate.
      October 18, 2020 8:37 PM MDT

I had the opposite problem - standing I could manage, sitting was agony. Laminectomy/discectomy plus lumbar fusion has a much higher than 50% success rate, it's closer to 85%. I did it, it gave me my life back.
      October 18, 2020 11:53 PM MDT

I am very seriously considering it at this point.  I'mnot exactly sure if that's the surgical procedure I would need, but I do need to do something because this is ongoing for a couple of months now and I can't see myself spending the next 15 years (if that's how much longer I have) this way. :)
      October 19, 2020 7:06 AM MDT

Oh my dear YOU TOO? Good grief! I wonder how many people suffer that particular back problem? I wonder what causes it? Might you have done something you shouldn't have? Lifted something much too heavy? Turned or bent the wrong way?  If it were simply due to aging everyone would get it but everyone doesn't so what were the circumstances and when did it start? You lose the padding between the ribs and what you get is bone on bone and that can't be anything but painful. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 19, 2020 7:02 AM MDT
      October 19, 2020 1:58 AM MDT

Some of my issues are age-related, some are weight-related, but I had the original disk problem diagnosed when I was in my early 30s and was the right weight.  
      October 19, 2020 7:03 AM MDT

That means it's been DECADES that you have suffered with it? Geez I'm really sorry to hear that. Jim was in his 60's. That's awful L. Just awful. Maybe one day they will find a way to make the surgery 100% effective. Like just inject the padding between the bone on bone parts. No cutting necessary. Wouldn't that be loverly? Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 19, 2020 10:46 AM MDT

That's correct.  Maybe one of these days they'll come up with some non-surgical intervention.  
      October 19, 2020 11:13 AM MDT