Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think each of us is tested throughtout our lives just to see if we have become better than we were or worse. Ever get that feeling?.

I think each of us is tested throughtout our lives just to see if we have become better than we were or worse. Ever get that feeling?.

Posted - October 15, 2020

Responses

I know we are. 

The purpose of a test is to see if the student has learned the material.  Every day life tries to teach us something (many times more than one thing).  If we’re paying attention, we might learn something.  Somewhere along the line, life will test us to see if we learned anything from our experiences.  Life will repeatedly test us on the same subjects throughout our lifetime.  There are many types of tests - simple tests (e.g. true/false), multiple choice tests (e.g. how one reacts to a certain situation - anger, frustration, shrug it off, make good out of it), endurance tests (patience), and many more.  Some tests require that in order to pass them, one must have passed a prior test.  Some tests have different answers for different people.  The goal of all the tests is to make us how to be a better person. 

Sadly, some people refuse to learn and others try to cheat.  They may or may not succeed in life, but had they passed the tests they might have found things a bit easier along the way.

October 15, 2020 1:53 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak. I wish I knew WHY you despise the Clinton's so much when all around you the world is crumbling due to the snake monster evil we face today. You live in the past with regard to that and I wonder why that is? But I digress. Do you think you are a better person today than you were yesterday and all the other yesterdays? If so in what way(s) and how are those ways manifested? I don't know if I am a "better" person than I was but I know I am far more aware of the reality in which we live. My eyes are wide open. Blind faith? Hahahahahaha. Surely you're joking. Sad that. :(
      October 16, 2020 2:41 AM MDT

I don't despise the Clintons'.  They, like many other politicians are corrupt.  I thought the Kennedys' were heavily corrupt as well.  Do they equal the corruptness of ****p?  History will tell.

I approach life from a different perspective than most.  I try to approach them from the perspective of God.  You ask if I'm a better person today than yesterday.  Frankly, yes.  As I said, life tests everyone to help make them a better person.  What better person can there be than one with the characteristics of God (loving, merciful, patient, forgiving, etc.)?  I see life's tests as a way to be more like Him.  That’s my goal.  I'm not going to say I pass all of life’s tests with flying colors.  Not hardly.  I fail many of them … miserably!  I’m very impatient and I think most people are stupid (my OCD perfectionism).  When I “take” life’s tests with these attitudes, I don’t usually learn the right lesson.  Even so, as long as I hold onto God and Christ, they help make me a better person –despite my (many) faults.

You asked how my being a better person is manifested.  The biggest way is in learning (trying) to love others... even if they don’t deserve it.  And BOY is that hard!  For example, I think the prez is the biggest “jerk” in the world.  Even though he does many really stupid things, I try hard not to wish him harm… even though he may deserve it.

October 16, 2020 10:37 AM MDT

You say he does stupid things? I say he is evil vicious cruel and the spawn of the devil. Stupid is forgivable. People cannot help being stupid. They are born that way. But what he has done and said? Vicious. VENAL. EVIL. CRUEL. SATANIC. TREASONOUS. GREEDY SELFISH SELF SERVING.

A long way from stupid. Of course you cannot help being you just as I cannot help being me. We are whom we are and what we are. There is never going to be a time when I will "forgive" evil. EVER. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. We are very close in thinking about many things. But when we disagree we are galaxies apart. It happens. Thank you for your reply.
      October 16, 2020 11:49 AM MDT

Foolish, moronic, idiot, stupid, assoholic, brainless, piece of $#!+, perfidious, deranged, vainglorious, pompous, .....  Is there a word that can fully describe him accurately?  Even the words you use are grossly inadequate.  He's surpassed them all - by parsecs!  He's evil to the nth degree... cubed!!  Stupid was just a quick word I used. 
      October 16, 2020 1:16 PM MDT

Hahahahahahahaha! Too funnee hunnee! Yes I giggle still. This reply is a doozy! Thank you for your thoughtful and very comprehensively brilliant description. We know that's just the tip of the iceberg. What lies below is far far worse. SIGH. Buckle up. It's going to get bumpy. I think that's what Bette Davis said in a movie whose title I don't recall.
      October 17, 2020 3:41 AM MDT

"Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night"  - Bette Davis (All About Eve)
      October 17, 2020 9:32 AM MDT

Rite/wright/right you are m'dear! Right you are! Thanks for the good catch Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 17, 2020 10:28 AM MDT
      October 17, 2020 9:40 AM MDT