Discussion » Questions » Family » Teaching begins at home. The community has to reinforce it or children are confused. Do you live in a healthy-for-children community?

Teaching begins at home. The community has to reinforce it or children are confused. Do you live in a healthy-for-children community?

Is your community mentally/emotionally/socially healthy for your children? What is the responsibility of your community to its children? Is there any at all or are children SOLELY the responsibility of their parents and once out in the world children are on their own all alone to sink or swim with no help from anyone?  Why?

Posted - October 14, 2016

Responses

There is no such thing in this morally debased world. (1john 5:19)
      October 15, 2016 12:02 AM MDT

I am  sorry you feel that way Autumn. I think there are places where people live healthy lives and are good role models for their children. I don't believe that all human beings are corrupt or evil or seek to do harm to others. There are plenty of those of course. I'm not naive. But honestly  I think there are a lot of very good people in the world who try their best to do the right thing. It's just that those who get all the attention are the creeps and perverts and bum. Sadly. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 15, 2016 2:31 AM MDT

I know what you mean rosie, I too grieve for the loss of innocence of the children growing up in this world. I do believe the day will come when it will be a joy to be a child. Just not under present conditions. (Isaiah 11:6-9)
      October 19, 2016 5:47 PM MDT

I long for those days my friend and I feel so sad that today's children can never know the innocence and joy of being children as was true when I was a child. I know that was many decades ago and things change but  must they always change for the worse?. "They" say the pendulum swings from one extreme to the other. Well it seems to me today's world is about as extreme as  is possible. Do you think it will ever swing back or is the extreme where we are forced to live forever more until the end? Thank you for your reply Autumn and Happy Thursday! :)
      October 20, 2016 2:08 AM MDT