Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How do you know when it's best to play and best to stay away?

How do you know when it's best to play and best to stay away?

Posted - October 23, 2020

Responses

LOL ... I read this question and instantly Kenny Roger's song The Gambler started playing in my head.

You've got to know when to hold 'em
    Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run

I think you know mainly through experience.
    Either your own, or by learning from what someone else did.
      October 23, 2020 7:46 AM MDT

I love that song Walt. That just brightened my day. It's a serious question though and has nothing to do with gambling as I know you know... or rather, it isn't limited to gambling. How do you choose what to comment on and what to leave alone? Does a question have to pique some interest you share? I'm all over the place questionwise and I don't tailor any of them for anyone. I ask as they occur...scattershot. Sometimes I'm surprised by what got "the most play". One of the mysteries of life. You know I ask questions for me and I'm happy when folks see something in them worthy of taking some time on. But I guess as there is no pattern to my questions there is no pattern to who how or why they are answered. I know I''m heavy on the dumb cluck duck but that's temporary. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 23, 2020 8:42 AM MDT

Ah.  I wasn't thinking of questions.  I was thinking along the lines of "how do you know when to leave a situation alone".

To answer a question, it has to pique my interest - and I have to think I have something to contribute by answering.

October 23, 2020 9:50 AM MDT

Makes sense. You can't answer anything that doesn't get your attention. But it applies in all situations in internet social sites and in life. Sometimes you are not give an option. IT assails you. But when it doesn't and it's your choice are you usually glad you did or do you often regret speaking up? Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      October 23, 2020 10:10 AM MDT