Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per a January 3, 2018 STUDY by MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) states that nearly 14% of drugs make it to market. WHAT?

Per a January 3, 2018 STUDY by MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) states that nearly 14% of drugs make it to market. WHAT?

You mean not EVERY trial of EVERY drug is successful?

You mean that the FAILURE RATE is FAR HIGHER THAN THE SUCCESS RATE?

You mean because a duck demands fast tracking the result will be REAL GOOD REAL SAFE REAL EFFECTIVE becuase he insists on it?

You mean you mean you mean you mean there is NO GUARANTEE FOR ETERNITY THAT ANY DRUG IS A SURE THING??

"The chances that a drug makes it to market are 1 in 5000". One of the multiferious stats associated with drugs and trials and results.

A crapshoot. RUSSIAN ROULETTE.

Posted - October 31, 2020

Responses

I can believe the MIT study.

Drugs development and testing has to be so rigorous, with such highly-specified criteria and limits, that I would not have been surprised at a lower rate.

Even those medicines that do pass all the tests cannot be guaranteed safe or effective in all patients , as the side-effects warnings packed with them make clear.
      November 1, 2020 10:31 AM MST

I was in a drug trial years ago for the drug CALCITONIN. It was to fight osteoporosis. The stage of the trial I was in took TWO YEARS. Many take ten years or more. So this diptstick fast track frenzy is courting death in my opinion. There are SCIENTIFIC procedures to follow which take time. It shows the total ignorance and indifference the dumb cluck duck has to everything but his own WANT. He WANTED a vaccine before the election. He is used to getting what he wants when he wants it. He never outgrew being a tantrum hissy fit whinya** very bigly SPOILED BRAT! Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Monday to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 2, 2020 1:35 AM MST
      November 2, 2020 1:34 AM MST