Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The UGLINESS is here. In North Carolina cops used PEPPER SPRAY on people walking to a polling location allegedly. WHY?

The UGLINESS is here. In North Carolina cops used PEPPER SPRAY on people walking to a polling location allegedly. WHY?

Posted - November 1, 2020

Responses

As I understand, they refused to disperse when asked and were causing a public nuisance (blocking traffic, etc.).
      November 1, 2020 9:52 AM MST

Pepper spray? I wonder which is worse? To be teargassed pepper sprayed or rubber bulleted? One lady was in a wheelchair. Some children were there. They use pepper spray as some people use insecticides on insects. So you condone it? Thank you for your reply.
      November 2, 2020 2:14 AM MST

Here's where we're going to disagree....

No , I do not condone it.  However, neither do I condone protesters/demonstrators blocking traffic or otherwise making themselves a public nuisance.  IF protesters/demonstrators are being a public nuisance (purposefully) and refuse to obey police to cease or disperse, then police have the right (within reason) to enforce those orders.  Pepper spraying children isn't within reason.  HOWEVER, sometimes these protests take kids along just for that reason (human shields?).  

It is my opinion that peaceful protesters/demonstrators should NOT interfere with the rights of others.  When they do they are no longer being "peaceful", but a nuisance.
      November 2, 2020 9:59 AM MST

Where did you read they blocked traffic Shuhak? The article I read said they were peacefully walking to vote. See how important reporting is? How do you know what you read wasn't written by a dumb cluck duck quack? You don't. Same goes for me. But I did not read what you did. WHAT IS THAT? Should not all reports be the same? Should and is. Always the problem. Thank you you for your reply! :)
      November 2, 2020 10:29 AM MST

November 2, 2020 1:10 PM MST

The news articles I read (one of which was on CNN) said they were blocking traffic.  

November 2, 2020 4:53 PM MST

Odd. What I read said they were peacefully walking to go to vote. It matters what we read. It matters who writes what. So I don't know what to believe now. Thank you for your reply. I will ask.
      November 3, 2020 1:30 AM MST

The link I posted is from the local NBC news in NC. 
      November 3, 2020 3:07 AM MST