Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » I am watching the new TV series 'Transplant'. It is filmed in Toronto, but nobody has any hint of a Canadian accent.

I am watching the new TV series 'Transplant'. It is filmed in Toronto, but nobody has any hint of a Canadian accent.

What gives wit dat, eh?

Posted - November 5, 2020

Responses

I watched the first two episodes.  I was completely turned off by how much dialog is captioned at the bottom of the screen in white letters on a light background that I cannot read.  I was also turned off by how this doctor was able to solve so many problems that Western doctors couldn't.  
      November 5, 2020 10:53 AM MST

It's TV. I agree with you about the sub-caps, though.
      November 5, 2020 1:26 PM MST

I also hate it when they show the face of someone's cell phone, presumably to show the viewer the  message, but it's so small you can't read it! This post was edited by SpunkySenior at November 6, 2020 7:37 PM MST
      November 6, 2020 11:50 AM MST

I’ve never understood why producers or editors or whomever is supposed to be overlooking quality control apparently can’t see how useless it is to display captioning in ways that it can’t even be read. Grrrrrrr. 

:[

November 5, 2020 6:19 PM MST

Yes, there is supposed to be someone overseeing how the captioning is done, but I wonder how much "quality" there is in much of TV today.

My other issue is with SEAL Team.  The actors have a habit of mumbling and with the noisy background, I can't always understand what's being said.  I know this is a "war" show, but the idea is to hear what they are saying.  I eventually gave up on that one, too.
      November 6, 2020 11:48 AM MST

I call all of that mumbling “The Clint Eastwood Dialogue Delivery  Method”.  So much of that whispery so-called cool guy crap is featured in his acting that I hardly ever know what he’s saying. Added to it is when the musical score is  louder than the dialogue . . . aaarrrrrggghhhh. 

November 6, 2020 7:37 PM MST

Exactly what I meant.  It's pretty irritating straining to hear what someone is saying because the background is so loud.  
      November 7, 2020 5:33 PM MST