Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is it possible to be NUMB with joy? If so I think I am. It's a quiet comfy safe space. Did is descend upon you too? Where are you?

Is it possible to be NUMB with joy? If so I think I am. It's a quiet comfy safe space. Did is descend upon you too? Where are you?

Posted - November 8, 2020

Responses

For the two days before yesterday, I had this awful feeling gnawing in my innards that Trump would win the Electoral College vote and we would have four more years of listening to that turd spew his dreck.  Yesterday, I was at my sister's house in the afternoon and one of her sons was looking at his phone and told us the good news that PA was in the Biden column.  I can's say I was actually numb with joy, but I did heave a sigh of relief. 

I don't know how much of a change a Biden administration will bring, but if nothing else, it will restore comity  to the presidency.  We will not be enduring a president who belittles anyone and everyone around him.  We will not have the chaos we've seen for the past four years.  A Biden administration is not likely be a revolving door of "temporary" cabinet members and heads of vital offices.  I suspect Biden will make every effort to restore friendships with all the allies Trump alienated and that the will attempt to restore environmental and other regulations meant to protect consumer and those of us who breathe the air and drink the water.  

For the first time in a long while, I am hopeful that we will be back on the road to being the country others want to emulate.
      November 8, 2020 6:01 AM MST

I am free of the burden of having to documents every egregious evil cruel happening. Over and done. Irrelevant immaterial insignificant. At most it will be "the person who lost". That's it. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L. Yes. Numb with joy. That's me! :)
      November 8, 2020 6:05 AM MST

I am very happy to hear that.  For too long, we've been consumed with Trump and his negative impact on our country.  We gave him far too much free time in our heads.  Time to relegate him to the dustbin of history and move forward.  Happy Sunday :)
      November 8, 2020 6:26 AM MST

I know you aren't a fan but Kamala Harris is now replete with being FIRST in many areas. Too many for me to keep track of. I think what I did when we elected President Barack Obama. GOOD FOR US! Well I say that again. GOOD FOR US! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      November 8, 2020 6:28 AM MST

Yes, good for us and I can certainly get behind Kamala Harris that I could have ever gotten behind Mike Pence.  Has anyone heard from Pence lately?
      November 8, 2020 12:15 PM MST