Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Which is it? It either is or isn't necessarily so. All living animals have hearts and brains. True or un?

Which is it? It either is or isn't necessarily so. All living animals have hearts and brains. True or un?

Posted - November 8, 2020

Responses

Un. Most do, but below a certain level of complexity, they don't. Zooplankton don't have a highly developed physiogamy, they don't even have separate stoma for ingestion and excretion - were they capable of speech they quite literally would be talking out of their a$$holes because it's also their mouths.
    Everything from flatworms up have one or more knots of nervous tissue that serves them as some sort of a brain, at least for automatic functions, as well as some form of pump to circulate oxygen. However, as animals go, flatworms are quite sophisticated. Zooplankton outnumber all other animals by an order of millions.
      November 8, 2020 3:06 AM MST

Geez R. Have you any idea how TEMPTING it is for me to ask a question about "talking out of the a**holes"? But the better Rosie will not do so. Just so you know though I'm thinking it! That is very fascinating and qute weird though. Nervous tissues serves as a sort of brain? I wonder how complex some living things that we just write off, ignore? The more I live and learn the more amazinger things are. Thank you for your very helpful and informative reply. You know a lot about a lot. I keep lucking out! :)
      November 8, 2020 4:04 AM MST

E99 knows more about it than I do. You might try asking him.
      November 8, 2020 4:42 AM MST

Are you his press agent? Are you offering him up with or without his knowledge? I did not have to ask you about this. You chose to inform me about it. I'm going to tell you this and I expect you might know it. The only thing I can sell is what people already want from me and believe I can provide. I cannot talk anyone into anything about anything. My little corner suits me well. People have to come here to check me out. Many don't. Some do. I LIKE IT THAT WAY. I don't like to be where I am unwanted so I avoid those places. I think I talked all around it. But you get the gist.  I prefer being with those who want to be with me. I always have. I always will. Thank you for your reply R. This post was edited by RosieG at November 8, 2020 4:48 AM MST
      November 8, 2020 4:46 AM MST

Like me, he's always happy to demonstrate his wealth of knowledge in scientific matters to enlighten others - or such has been my experience, anyway. Sheesh, hackles down, m'dear. Claws in. I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way and apologise if I did. I was trying to be helpful.
      November 8, 2020 4:52 AM MST

You didn't with what you said before but now? REALLY? SERIOUSLY? Et Tu Brute?

Hackles and claws? You ain't seen nuthin' yet if you think that was where I was coming from. It wasn't but now I wonder how well do I know you because you don't seem to know me. Oh well. You win some and you lose some. You just keep truckin' forward. Or get left behind. Not me. You have no clud what has gone on from time to time between E and me. It isn't the same as what I thought had gone between thee and me. Oh...more fodder for more questions.

I use everything. I shall use this. This post was edited by RosieG at November 8, 2020 5:12 AM MST
      November 8, 2020 5:09 AM MST