Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We ought not live in nor keep regurgitating the past. All that must needs be done is to LEARN FROM IT. The idea being?.

We ought not live in nor keep regurgitating the past. All that must needs be done is to LEARN FROM IT. The idea being?.

Do not REPEAT the same mistakes. Leave them behind. He who travels light travels best.

Look forward/ahead if that is the direction you intend to go. There is no point in rehashing the past. It is done and cannot be changed. The future holds many possibilities. If you keep looking back you will miss all those opportunities to do better be better. I think.

Posted - November 8, 2020

Responses

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. That's why I studied history. You do have to look back to see what went wrong to avoid it happening again.
    That said, it can't be changed so I agree with you that it's pointless to dwell on it.
      November 8, 2020 4:55 AM MST

That is why I said to LEARN from it but not dwell there. That is pointless and also very lazy. It gives you an excuse to do nothing substantive in the now. I don't buy excuses and I sure as he** don't give them. Eyes forward. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      November 8, 2020 5:07 AM MST

Unfortunately, we in the U,S. seem to have learned nothing from history in too many cases.  
      November 8, 2020 5:43 AM MST