Active Now

DannyPetti
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Kids are generally normally oftenly mostly usually limited by the limitations of their parents. They dare not go beyond OR ELSE. In America?

Kids are generally normally oftenly mostly usually limited by the limitations of their parents. They dare not go beyond OR ELSE. In America?

In American most definitely. Kds dare not venture beyond the parents political partisan rigidity. They are inculcated with hate for "the other" from birth. What chance do they have of escaping being exactly what their parents are? Virtually none.

I don't know if that is true in other countries too but you see what the results of that is.

Sad for the kids who grow up and form their kids as they were formed. Passing down great HATE and fear year after year after year. They so love their they want them to be EXACT REPLICAS of them. Egotistical? Sure. Why not? What could it hurt? Everyone says so.

Posted - November 10, 2020

Responses

While each person is an individual and responsible for their own actions, children are molded by their parents.  Many parents don’t realize just how important of a role they play in the lives of their children.  There’s more to parenting than saying "be good and eat your vegetables".  Many parents inflict deep psychological harm on their kids without being aware of it - forcing a child to be what the parent wants them to be, being overbearing or being overly submissive )etc.).  Children learn more from seeing than they do from oral or written instructions.  From the day they’re born, children are learning from the world around them.  They see their parents fighting, hugging, getting drunk, holding hands, lying, kissing, doing drugs, helping others, cursing, or whatever.  Many times parents don’t realize that their kids are watching.  Kids naturally want to please their parents so they try to act like them.  A parent is shocked to hear their 4-year old say a “bad” word.  Yet that parent says that same word all the time.  Is it any wonder the child does too?  “Do as I say and not as I do” doesn’t work in parenting.

Some parents are determined to not raise their kids as their parents did them (either they were too restrictive, a bad influences, they didn’t like them, etc.).  Some believe they know what’s best and force them kids to comply (be tough, money is the answer to everything, life is cruel so suck it up, always look out of #1, etc.).  Sometimes this is good, other times not.  The world we see around us contains people who were shaped by their parents – for the good or bad.

This isn’t to say that a person can’t change (again, everyone is responsible for their own actions).  Many people refuse to be like their parents.  They come to see that what they taught wasn’t correct.  Others rebel at their parents good teachings.

November 10, 2020 1:25 PM MST

Kids who have good parents definitely have the edge in life. Kids who get parents who HATE OTHERS are doomed. What chance do they have at being normal just fair kind human? I think that's what the majority of the person who lost base is.Rigid programmed hate-based. Daily repetition of the same propaganda for years. They are what they hear. They are what they see. They are what they witness. Inevitably! Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak! :)
      November 10, 2020 1:35 PM MST