Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Side effects. That's where it is possible that the "cure" is worse than the disease. Are you always aware of the side effects of meds?

Side effects. That's where it is possible that the "cure" is worse than the disease. Are you always aware of the side effects of meds?

What about injections vaccinations? Totally up to speed on those?

When a "miracle" drug is announced it is essential to also talk about possible side effects...the downside.
So far the 90% folks have said NOTHING about it. NOT A WORD.

Makes you wonder what they're hiding.

Posted - November 10, 2020

Responses

Did you know that my asthma medicine has the side effect of causing asthma?  The "cure" is getting the disease.

When testing a drug, ANYTHING that happens to a test person mustbe listed as a side effect... even if it didn't come from taking the drug (how are they to know for sure?)

I learned very quickly not to read every side effect a medication has.  If I did, I'd never take it.  For example - I get a 1" thick "brochure" with my asthma medicine.  Nearly half of it is possible side effects.  High up on the list is "may cause death".  That's rather scary.  However, which is scarier - not being able to breathe (and death) or taking a chance that the med will allow me to breathe?

All information in drug trial studies is not released to the public.  A 90% success rate is good, but...   That doesn't necessarily mean it's "ready to go".  The fact that were down to using "human guinea pigs" is a good sign.  But there's a lot more testing yet to go.  NO drug is ever 100% effective for 100% of the people as each person's body is different

Eventually it's going to come down to - do we trust the drug company.  Screw the government.  Anytime one take ANY medication they are, essentially, trusting the manufacture of that drug with their life.  Who knows, maybe your body will experience a side effect they didn't anticipate.
      November 10, 2020 10:43 AM MST

Your asthma med side effects asthma? That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I ever heard! Well that 90% effective thingy may turn out very well..or it could be a bust. The point ot taking TIME to test is that it takes some side effects to show up LATER ON. Now with a fast track you never get to a later on until it's too late. Good luck with that. I don't trust anything coming out of the person who lost the election administration. He has gutted all truth and science. What is allowed is what he approves of. What does that tell you? STAY AWAY IT WILL OR COULD KILL YOU! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 10, 2020 5:13 PM MST
      November 10, 2020 1:26 PM MST

Any time I have to take a new medication, I read the information that comes with the prescription.  Sometimes, you can see that the side effects are worse than the cure.  
      November 10, 2020 11:49 AM MST

There are some meds that scared me. I think once or twice I didn't take it. Of course if it is an antibiotic you have to but if it's a pain pill well that can be not taken if you can handle the level of discomfort. Thank you for your reply L. I read all the info they provide. I will never understand why they can't make meds WITHOUT SIDE EFFECTS!
      November 10, 2020 1:21 PM MST

There will always be someone who has a bad reaction to a drug.  The criteria for its coming to market is that the number of people badly affected is so much smaller than the number of people it will help.  
      November 10, 2020 6:20 PM MST

Indeed. But why is that a given? It seems to me if we can get to the moon and back we ought to be able to create drugs that have no deleterious side effects. Thank you for your reply L. I shall ask! :)
      November 11, 2020 1:52 AM MST

Well, I suppose it's because everyone's composition is different.  Most may be the same, but those who aren't are likely the ones that will have a negative effect.  
      November 11, 2020 5:55 AM MST