Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "NORTH DAKOTA OKAYS INFCTED NURSES TO KEEP WORKING"! What a brilliant strategy that be. Why didn't we think of it sooner?

"NORTH DAKOTA OKAYS INFCTED NURSES TO KEEP WORKING"! What a brilliant strategy that be. Why didn't we think of it sooner?

Posted - November 12, 2020

Responses

Dang!  That's a sure fire way to cut down on cases. (if they be dead they no longer be cases)  Wait, I know... let's stop all testing and then the case count will go way down (and in a few weeks the virus will simply go away).  Seems we've heard this kind of "brilliant" logic before.  Hmmm... I wonder where?
      November 12, 2020 11:43 AM MST

This one literally made me speechless Shunhak and you know how rare that is! I have no idea how to comment on this. None. Perhaps it is contagoous and all the other states (RED) will follow suit? Copycatism is rampant among the reds. Why not? What could it hurt? Everyone sez so? Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 12, 2020 12:07 PM MST

You did know I was being heavily sarcastic, right?
      November 12, 2020 1:35 PM MST

Yes my friend I do. I caught that right off! Thank you for asking Shuhak. I know you know I take things EXCRUCIATINGLY seriously so I do appreciate the tipoff after the fact. Sigh. Wonder what wonders the person who lost the election will spring on us today? Any ideas? AARRGGHH. That is in advance of whatever he comes up with or his toady sycophants. Probably a doozy.
      November 13, 2020 2:11 AM MST

“This applies only to Covid-positive healthcare workers who do not have symptoms and they are allowed only to work Covid units around patients who already have the virus,” Burgum said.

Otherwise apparently there will not be enough medical professionals to treat new patients.
      November 12, 2020 1:43 PM MST

Thank you for your reply tom. So it makes sense to you then? I wonder if those who test positive and exhibit no symptoms eventually do exhibit symptoms and are infecting others? I guess we will find out or not depending upon what information these daring folks allow to get out. Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      November 13, 2020 1:57 AM MST

I don't know of any other reasonable decision---If as a patient you have a symptomatic infection to the extent that you are seeking hospital care, then being treated by health workers who are carriers of the virus, but are asymptomatic, poses no threat to those patients that still need care because of the virus.
      November 13, 2020 4:07 PM MST

I'm not a doctor tom so I don't KNOW. Does an asymptomatic person ever become symptomatic and if so is he/she then a spreader? Well we will find out how it works I expect. Time enough for that. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      November 14, 2020 2:24 AM MST

If a healthcare worker who texts positive but has no symptoms and then developed mild symptoms, they still would not pose a threat to the patients whom they were treating.

If they had mild symptoms, they may or may not have enough energy to continue working.  If they because seriously ill with Covid-19 they most likely be unable to continue to treat patients.
      November 14, 2020 3:39 PM MST

I guess everyone everywhere is just doing what he/she thinks is best. Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Sunday to thee and thine.
      November 15, 2020 2:04 AM MST

True, but unfortunately, everyone says that they are "doing their best"---whether they are right or wrong.
      November 15, 2020 1:56 PM MST

True dat and here's the thing. How does anyone KNOW what his/her best is? Self-evaluation is not the most substantive or dependable thing. If you don't know what it is how can you know you've achieved it? Sigh. Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      November 16, 2020 1:25 AM MST

Occasionally someone will ask me why I always need to be "right"---well, there are clues that truth gives you when you finally begin to understand it, and to deny that one has achieved that is a false humility.

That's why I will eventually "move on"---any site that demands respect for error and truth alike is not a natural environment for growth.
      November 16, 2020 6:10 PM MST

You do? Always have to be right? I guess I haven't picked up on that from you if true. I think the 72 million plus who surround us have no respect for truth at all...only disdain and contempt. On this site the "usual suspects" always jump to defend the liar with alacrity. Always. It is ludicrous and even sad that they are programmed to do that. It is gibberish blather babble but they deliver it very seriously. Every time. Predictably and dependably. How that is possible I have no idea. How they live in the world I inhabit and have survived I cannot figure out. From the moment Sean Spicer the first press secretary came out and insisted that the inauguration crowd for the 2016 prez was larger than any ever before and we had photos showing what a lie that was I shouldda suspected what we were in for. Kayleigh the bottle blond bimbo cirremt [ress secretaru does the same thing most earnestly.Some bottle blonds are not bimbos. Every current one in D.C. is. Blather gibberish babble nonsense is the language they all speak because they all dutifully read the script and always stick to it. I guess there is an entire world that values it. I just never knew it was SO BIG.Thank you for your reply.
      November 17, 2020 2:36 AM MST

It's probably because I come across in person as such an advocate for the truth.  If I tell a person or a group that "I don't think you can do what you want to do," the vast majority of the time it turns out that I am correct---and that frustrates people.

My secret is simple---answer the questions I know the answer to.
      November 17, 2020 2:32 PM MST

Ever suppose or opine when you don't KNOW but do have an inkling about something? Thank you for your reply tom.
      November 18, 2020 2:48 AM MST

Seldom---but if I post an opinion, it's usually pretty obvious that I am doing so.

But it's always the opinion of an orderly mind and is based on a higher personal standard than an "inkling" unless I am answering a question that asks me for my best guess.
      November 18, 2020 10:27 AM MST

Thank you for your reply tom.
      November 18, 2020 1:15 PM MST

That would only be only make sense if the only people, patients, co-workers, they are in contact with either have or have had the virus. Otherwise it is just another stupid move by our governors.    
      November 12, 2020 11:47 AM MST