Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If a man LIED to get a woman into bed, is that fraud, rape, or men being men?

If a man LIED to get a woman into bed, is that fraud, rape, or men being men?

Posted - October 15, 2016

Responses

• No, it's entirely natural for women to desire men of financial status. Though she is a whore if she lies and manipulates such a man into marriage before using no fault divorce laws to financially rape him etc etc. Similarly if her successful husband falls on hard times it is entirely natural for her to feel less attracted to him. If she INDULGES that impulse and leaves a man she made commitments to, she's a whore.

The same goes for male impulses. Having them is normal, but only letches give in to them.

In my opinion female sexuality is intrinsically more cruel than male sexuality. A man might lose sexual interest in his wife as she ages. Though that doesn't stop him loving her. In the male, sexual attraction and emotion are more separate. In women sex and emotion are more integrated. Any man who loses his woman's attraction is in severe danger of losing her love. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 16, 2016 1:12 PM MDT
      October 16, 2016 4:24 AM MDT

• I understand Austrian, I know of many men that feel the way you do. I think that the term W thrown in the middle of an otherwise eloquent response perhaps point to something else, something a little deeper, perhaps pertaining to personal experiences of your own. I'm not sure if I agree with some of your points, especially the last paragraph, but like I said, I do know of many men, some I work with, that think the same way you do..
    Thanks for indulging me Austrian.
      October 16, 2016 4:46 AM MDT

• No, I haven't had bad experiences myself. Though I have observed friends being destroyed financially and emotionally by their wives. I know I mustn't allow myself to become cynical, though I can't help noticing some pretty disturbing patterns in modern society.

I think don't think the W word is hateful. It's an accurate metaphor. Do you think calling a man perv / letch is hateful? I just think women rule the world covertly and it's taboo for a dog to criticise his mistress.

Any society must shame people who undermine societal cohesion. Without it society just falls apart. Shaming women is especially important because virtue in women in especially important. Society functions by men willingly sacrificing for women and children. Why would any man in his right mind sacrifice for a woman who isn't worth it? Without loveable women men become self centred and then the society collapses. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 16, 2016 4:54 PM MDT
      October 16, 2016 5:30 AM MDT

• By now, you already now that I'm going to disagree with you. I wonder how much of that is just anger and hurt and how much is really intellectually motivated. Honestly,I think you're missing out by letting yourself grow cynical and you yourself recognise that we shouldn't broadly generalise based on the example of a few. I can tell you are smarter than that. I'm not going to convince you of anything,I don't figure. . But I still appreciate you indulging my questions. I truly do.
      October 16, 2016 5:41 AM MDT

It is human nature.  

Fraud requires that some damage or injury occurred and rape requires force.  
      October 15, 2016 4:44 PM MDT

..........or a statutorily prohibited age/age difference.
      October 15, 2016 6:31 PM MDT

True.
      October 15, 2016 9:05 PM MDT

• If a man did that then that means they were not of decent character in the first place even though they portrayed themselves that way. Women do that all the time. Sleep with some other guy even while married. People do it for a variety of reasons. It's wrong but I don't think it's fraud. I just think it represents lack of character and there's PLENTY of people with lack of character. Women and males.
      October 16, 2016 4:53 PM MDT

• Persuading a woman to have sex under false pretences, e.g. promising to marry her, is legally a rape according to the current law in India, even though the sex that followed was perfectly consensual. And that consensual relationship may continue for a long period until the man decides not to marry her. That's when she suddenly becomes a "rape" victim, euphemistically a rape "survivor". That's the law: what can one do about it! 
      October 18, 2016 8:56 PM MDT