Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For those who'd like to have a companion. There is a high-tech artificial intelligence robot for sale. Interested?

For those who'd like to have a companion. There is a high-tech artificial intelligence robot for sale. Interested?

Posted - November 15, 2020

Responses

Not the same!

They mean "human-like" companion.  A cat is a companion (when it feels like it).  A dog is a companion (unless someone else drops some cheese).  But a human companion must be free thinking.  AI is getting there, but ultimately it can only follow it's programming.  A human has ups, downs and inbetweens.  They can sometimes be annoying in a companion, but it's these idiosyncrasies that make for a "true" companion.
      November 15, 2020 1:20 PM MST

It isn't expensive at all Shuhak which shocked me. I think it was for sale for under $80! Now how good could that be? It sang and danced and did other things. Did you ever happen to see the Twilight Zone about an astronaut who had been abandoned on a far-off planet being sent a robot as his companion? It seemed to soothe him. Anyway I think pets do the trick if you are someone who loves animals. It gives you something to care for who depends on you and I think that is a human need...to be needed. Don't you? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      November 16, 2020 2:20 AM MST