Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Does GOD want y'all to live or die? Does he want you to sardine yourselves in church brine to pray and then go home to get ill and die?

Does GOD want y'all to live or die? Does he want you to sardine yourselves in church brine to pray and then go home to get ill and die?

Why is GOD only to be found in church? In a designated building? On a designated day at a designated hour?

Why doesn't GOD exist within YOU? Exist at home?

Seriously that is very lame. If you only think of GOD on a day you are jammed together with others listening to someone tell you what GOD thinks I have a secret for you. YOU ARE A FAKE. YOU DO NOT BELIEVE. YOU JUST GO TO CHURCH FOR SHOW.

So sue me.

Posted - November 15, 2020

Responses

I seriously wonder what "god" these people think they're serving.  They claim they're serving God, but their actions show that the only god they're really serving is themselves. They think they're being pious when in fact they're being blasphemous.  They sing and chant, and listen to someone else tell them what's (supposedly) in a book they never read.  If they do read it, they pick and choose verses out of context that make them feel good or support their own agendas.  
    Some of these so-called "churches"are disobeying government orders not to assemble due to the virus by assembling anyway.  Some have even gone as far as suing the government for denying them their "right to assemble"... in a pandemic.  Seriously??  This only goes to prove that these people do not know God.  They may know of Him, but they definitely do NOT know Him.

God (the "True" God) tells us to love Him and to love others (the "ultimate" commandment).  Love is putting what's best for others above self - even to the point of death. (for an example of this, see Jesus).   When these people sue to allow the to do something that is potentially harmful to them, or others, they're sure not showing love.   They're showing selfishness (which is of Satan).  What they're essentially saying is, "We want OUR way because WE are more important than everyone else!"   Way to be humble people. 

Church?  They don't even understand what "church" really is!  They think "church" is that building they show up to on Sunday morning.  I've got news for you people... that ain't the church.  They think "church" is place you go once a week to sing and pray and feel "spiritual" (while the rest of the week they can lie, cheat and curse at their neighbor).   Nope, that ain't church either.
      November 15, 2020 1:06 PM MST

Which god?---God created us in His image---Such "religious" people have returned the favor and built a god with the qualities they imagine. This post was edited by tom jackson at November 16, 2020 1:54 AM MST
      November 15, 2020 1:22 PM MST

Exactly.   They're creating a "god" in their image.  One that suits them.  God shows us who He is and what He desires from us - love.  But, in the world's mind, love doesn't get you very far.   Where's the profit?  Where's the "fun"?  So they try to warp God into something that looks like them - corrupt, wicked, and selfish (the best of their qualities).  That way they get the best of both worlds - live however you want and still reap the heavenly reward.  They think their mockery will go unnoticed (look how pious we are).  Sadly, they're info for a rude awakening.
      November 15, 2020 1:39 PM MST

Indeed---and I would pay to see the flag of truth being planted in Bill Barr's soul.
      November 15, 2020 1:49 PM MST

:):):)
      November 16, 2020 1:54 AM MST

November 16, 2020 1:55 AM MST

Phony balonies the lot of them spewing their gibberish nonsense! They don't have a clue and never will if they think their rights are being trampled on and therefore they have no access to GOD. Dumbheads. Fakes. Philistines. Heathens. Blasphemous. I am pretty sure GOD is not pleased by that though of course I have no first-hand knowledge. I haven't been in a church in a bazillion decades but that changed nothing for me. I talk to GOD every day and have since I can remember. Other people GET IN THE WAY of that so I'm closer now than I ever was. So when folks bellyache about their religious rights being affected I know they have no interest or knowledge in GOD at all. They just use HIM as a political tool. Heathens. Philistines. GODLESS. My opinion of course. Could I be wrong? Sure. But as I have said before GOD gave me this brain and I'm pretty sure HE expects me to use it. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :) I hope today is very good day for you healthwise. I remember long ago when I had a brief bout of what I thought was asthma how terrifying it was when it came over me. Gasping for air is not a pleasant experience. :)
      November 16, 2020 1:53 AM MST

Human beings created God (not vice versa) as a self-fulfilling prophecy, so God wants whatever each person who believes in God thinks God wants.
      November 15, 2020 1:49 PM MST

Or---perhaps more accurately---God created man and that that reality requires all men act according to certain principles.  Then some men choose to act how they choose and therefore modify their concept of that God.
      November 15, 2020 1:54 PM MST

November 16, 2020 1:55 AM MST