Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » IF true that we'll have two SAFE EFFECTIVE COVID 19 vaccines in less than a year mebbe a higher power had a hand in it. Just me or you too?

IF true that we'll have two SAFE EFFECTIVE COVID 19 vaccines in less than a year mebbe a higher power had a hand in it. Just me or you too?

It usually takes anywhere from two to ten years to get a vaccine tested and ready for market.

I think the success rate is well under 50%. So having two in such a short eriod of time..one of which is said to be 90% and the other 94% effective is astonished to me. Of course it is possible. But how probable?

Posted - November 16, 2020

Responses

Certainly. And God uses people to get things done.  In this case, President Trump to create Operation Warp Speed. 
      November 16, 2020 10:19 AM MST

It has been reported that Moderna's vaccine is more effective than Pfizer's.
      November 16, 2020 10:32 AM MST

Yes. I think it is 94.5% effective whereas the other one is 90% effective. Both are startling and rare. Usually the effective ness is about half that so I dunno what's going on. Time will tell. Trials usually take YEARS not months. Everything about this is strange and perplexing. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      November 17, 2020 2:49 AM MST

The reason I think the Moderna vaccine will be of more use is that it doesn't have to be stored at such an extremely low temperature as the Pfizer one.  Few places are equipped with that kind of refrigeration and I'm not sure the feds are planning to assist them with upgrades and states are being killed with Covid costs already.
      November 17, 2020 9:22 AM MST

Fingers crossed. Thank you for your reply L. Hope springs eternal. Where there's life there's hope. You know the drill! :)
      November 17, 2020 12:42 PM MST

I'll thank modern technology, rather than some deity.

Decades ago, I saw a TV documentary on how the technology was going to advance to no longer require some of the things - such as animal testing - that actually slowed down vaccine testing.

And how they would be able to simultaneously develop dozens/hundreds of vaccine variants at the same time, in the same lab.

And how computers would be able to run simulations, before the scientists even had to start mixing chemicals.
      November 16, 2020 11:44 AM MST

I know that m'dear and I have no problem with you whatsoever about that view. However there is this. Where does creativity originate? Where does genius come from? Where does the inspiration so many brilliant people have come from? All sperm and egg and happenstance or something else? I have heard that Mozart began composing at age 3. How is that possible? Just questions I have which don't necessarily contradict your view. I expect how you and I were raised are not the same. We went to church. Maybe you didn't. Or maybe you did and somewhere along the line you thought it made no sense. I think that's fine. Life doesn't make sense so we just try to make it make sense. if that makes sense. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      November 17, 2020 2:54 AM MST

Well of course He did.  I know many people have been asking Him to help.  Sadly, there will be many who will refuse to even thank Him; their eyes blinded to His mighty works.
      November 16, 2020 5:28 PM MST

Time will tell of course but it's pretty darn near impossible for me to think they will both be safe and effective in such a short time. The normal FDA trials take years. These were fast tracked. That in itself is very scary to me but well miracles do happen and this would definitely be one. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. This post was edited by RosieG at November 17, 2020 10:59 AM MST
      November 17, 2020 2:46 AM MST