Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Condolences for your loss in advance to those of you having large family Thanksgiving feasts. Condolences for WHAT?

Condolences for your loss in advance to those of you having large family Thanksgiving feasts. Condolences for WHAT?

Some in your family may get the Covid for having attended. Some may die. As I said condolences for your loss.

Nothing was going to dissuade from doing what you did. I know. No one tells you what to do. I know.

Once again. Condolences.

Posted - November 16, 2020

Responses

I never really enjoyed the large family Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings.
    Being an introvert, being around so many people (even family) was stressful.
    But once they were no longer happening, I missed them.

November 16, 2020 1:18 PM MST

Well m'dear I am/was an introvert..a loner...painfully shy. As I kid I LOVED the large family gatherings. Good foods. hugs, smiles, happiness. When eating was over the "men" (my dad and my uncles and grandad) went into a different room to play poker. The women went into the kitchen to wash things and clean things and talk about husbands and food and kids and clothes. Guess which room I ALWAYS was in? Well that's where I learned to play poker. At my dad's side just watching quietly. I was very well behaved and never made a sound. I enjoyed listening to what the men had to say. I thought it was a lot more interesting. I still do most of the time. Of course there are splendid gal pals whom I thoroughly enjoy but they are in the minority and always were. Thank you for your reply Walt. I was told at a very young age "you think like a man". It's one of the best compliments I've ever received. Please don't tell any females about it. I don't need the flak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 17, 2020 7:20 AM MST
      November 17, 2020 7:15 AM MST

They were warned not to, but they refused to listen.  "Don't tell us what we can and can't do", they cried as they stuffed themselves on planes and into cars.  "We're gonna do whatever we please!"  And, lo, they went to their gatherings and made merry.  "See, nothing happened", they scoffed. "we told you everything would be fine!".  Then, a few days later, aunt Martha was taken to the hospital in an ambulance.  A day later Uncle Joe went in too.  Cousin Vicki was admitted two days later.  That same day, aunt Mary died.  Grandma Carol began to have a hard time breathing.  14 hours later, she was dead.  The twins, Peter and Cody, were next to become sick, followed by 3 of their fiends.  Uncle Joe was on a ventilator for 5 agonizing days before he finally died.  By Christmas, over half the family that has gathered for Thanksgiving against warnings were dead. along with many of their coworkers (the gathers infected them as well).  Several of those coworkers family members also died.  By the start of the new year, over 45 people had lost their lives ... all because the gathers wouldn't listen and did what they wanted to do.  Their bodies stuffed in the back of a refrigerated truck.  "If only we'd listened", the gatherers lamented, "if only....".   
      November 16, 2020 5:24 PM MST

Very nicely enlarged m'dear to show the detail of that to which I only alluded. That blueprint will be happening in thousands of places all over the country. Sadly so but then you know no one tells them what to do. They demand freedom so freedom they get. I read one nurse say that some who were dying of the virus insisted that was not what was wrong with them since the virus did not exist. I couldn't believe it but that is the level of "intelligence" among the 2020 prez election loser adoring worshippers. Even as they lay dying of it they refute its existence. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      November 17, 2020 7:19 AM MST