Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are all pols wired to protect the wealthy and the corporations at the expense of we the people? No exceptions?

Are all pols wired to protect the wealthy and the corporations at the expense of we the people? No exceptions?

If so why do we bother voting for them since they will always screw us to benefit their rich contributors? How does that make any sense at all?

Posted - November 17, 2020

Responses

I've sat here for 15 minutes trying to dispute you, but I can't.  They WILL always put rich contributors first.  They'll try to deny it, but is a fact.   Many rich contributors will "put the screws" to pols to insure that they get their way.  Money talks. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.  
      November 17, 2020 3:35 PM MST

There is a big hook in all the legislation that is being proposed for another simulus package. A sticking point with the son of an itch moscow mitch. He INSISTS that all companies be held harmless if their employees get COVID 19 while being at work. They must go to work if it is available. If they refuse they are blocked from receiving unemployment. See how impossible the situation is for the people? They have no recourse from the get go. All decks are stacked against them and for the wealthy. Remember the Jimmy Stewart movie where he goes to Washington and actually fights for the rights of THE PEOPLE? I wonder if there ever was such a one as that? I know some are less worse than others. Some are more worse. I don't know what it would take to change things. The "good" people simply don't want to be politicians. How do we change that? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 18, 2020 10:04 AM MST
      November 18, 2020 2:12 AM MST

To many companies, their "employees" are expendable.  One place I worked referred to their employees as "bodies".  No names, just "a body".  These are the companies the pols are fighting" for.  I KNOW these pols are getting "something in return".  I don't know what, how or even when, but they are.

I remember the movie.  To even become a politician one must compromise their morals.  They must lie or they won't get elected).  They must give in to donors (you scratch my back I'll scratch yours) or they won't have enough money to run (campaigning is expensive).  They also must put up a false facade lest we the people see what they really are and they lose face.
      November 18, 2020 10:20 AM MST

That is very depressing Shuhak. Because it's very true. SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful if sad reply. Not your fault. You just report on it you don't create it. :)
      November 19, 2020 6:48 AM MST