Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I don't know if the capacity for joy is limited or limitless. I do know that I can take only so much tragedy then I switch gears. Do you?

I don't know if the capacity for joy is limited or limitless. I do know that I can take only so much tragedy then I switch gears. Do you?

The line between tragedy and comedy gets thinner all the time. There comes a point when the only possible logical sane response to it is laughter. You force your tears to turn to cheers. if you don't they will drown you.

GRAND GUIGNOL(a short drama stressing HORROR and SENSATIONALISM) It is named after the theater Le Grand Guignol in Paris where such dramas were performed. Our GRAND GUIGNOL is Washington, D.C. Other countries may have them too under different names. After awhile you are no longer shocked appalled frightened terrorized. You've seen it all and nothing gets through to you. Been there done that. What's next?

Lucille Ball stuffing chocolates inside her dress working behind a conveyor belt loaded with chocolates that keeps going faster and faster and faster.

Lucille Ball getting drunk on an elixir called vitameatvegamin which is basically alcohol

Lucille Ball setting her fake nose on fire

Carol. Burnett walking down the stairs wearing a grand ball gown made of drapes and held up by curtain rods on her shoulders

See? Isn't that so much better than GRAND GUIGNOL? It was good for me. Was it good for you too?

Posted - November 19, 2020

Responses

I cannot take too much tragedy.  I just shut down.  Laughter has always been my escape hatch.  That may be why I use humor so much.  Maybe to help others escape as well?
      November 19, 2020 2:17 PM MST

I always enjoy so much starting my Answermug day with a jolly good laugh. Sometimes I get very lucky and I reply to multiple questions that make me laugh. Of course some days the opposite is true. It's probably due to the questions I ask. Some have no room for humorous exposition. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) I am way too serious. I was told that when I was a very little girl. Well you cannot change whom you are just because someone says you should. This post was edited by RosieG at November 22, 2020 9:53 AM MST
      November 22, 2020 5:46 AM MST