Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Normally until we find our mates and have kids we are used to putting ourselves first. That changes when you love. What happened to duck?

Normally until we find our mates and have kids we are used to putting ourselves first. That changes when you love. What happened to duck?

He is stuck at the selfish level never having matured beyond himself.

He always comes first. His needs consume him. His wants are immediately filled OR ELSE.

What happened to duck?

Posted - November 21, 2020

Responses

It's SUPPOSED to change.  How many marriages end in divorce because one or both parties put themselves first?

Love = "putting the wellbeing of another over oneself".

Some want to pin the blame on his dad/upbringing.  While that man may have had a part, the real blame lies squarely on his shoulders.  he refuses to change.  he surrounds himself with only those who tell him what he wants to hear.  If they constantly say he's perfect, he'll have no reason to change.
      November 21, 2020 12:21 PM MST

Of course I can't KNOW why duck is what he is but you know what I think? His parents shipped him off to military school at the age of 13 I think. What is more a rejection than that? Shipping away from home to live among a bunch of strangers was what they did. I don't know whom duck would have become had they not done that. But I suspect the rejection stays with him to this day and he cannot tolerate it. I'd be devasted and I'm not sure what would have become of me. I think I will ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak.
      November 22, 2020 3:51 AM MST