Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you love your family enough to stay away from them? Or don't you?

Do you love your family enough to stay away from them? Or don't you?

Posted - November 23, 2020

Responses

My "family" doesn't.  My brother's kids, their spouses, and all their kids (ages 2-20) are all heading to Idaho to see their granny for thanksgiving.
      November 23, 2020 1:38 PM MST

Condolences m'dear. We spoke of that before and I feel bad. I know you are going to be at home alone but safe and neither spreading nor contracting anything. I wish them well. Maybe Idaho isn't as badly afflicted as we Californians are. One can only hope. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Tuesday m'dear! :) An afterthought just occurred to me. Are they all republicans Shuhak? Do they all adore support the duck? This post was edited by RosieG at November 24, 2020 3:22 PM MST
      November 24, 2020 1:29 AM MST

Actually they're aren't anything.  Most of them aren't even registered to vote.  Like their dad, they don't want to be bothered with it.
      November 24, 2020 3:25 PM MST

HOw did you get to be whom you are then? You had no role models. Because I'm first generation American and my parents were naturalized citizens they were so proud of their country and all its institutions. Participating was something they were honored to do. I grew up seeing them and so I became the same. If they had not bothered or not been naturalized I'm not sure whom I would have been. So I say CONGRATS to you. GOOD ON YA! My sister and brother-inlaw are the same as Jim and me. I never met my brother'in-law's parents of course but he is a very PROUD American though his parents were born here. I guess some of us just luck out. No disrespect to your family m'dear. Thank you for your reply. I know about your very STRICT Republican brother-in-law. Condolences. :)
      November 25, 2020 1:40 AM MST

My parents were excellent role models.  They always voted.  They registered for different parties only so they could get as much information from both sides as possible in order to make a better decision.  They both instilled on us the importance of voting and of making a judicious decision.  My brother didn't care and rebelled (wasn't going to copy his parents in anything!).  My sister married a military man and, over the years, believed him instead of thinking for herself.
      November 25, 2020 9:42 AM MST

I'm glad you were blessed with parents like that Shuhak. Too bad it didn't take on your siblings. Jim and I actually are the same person politically. We have the same views and reactions. I honestly don't know if I could have overcome it not being that way. I cannot see me every attracted to a Republican. Ever. I know some couples are different politically and I commend them for being able to put that aside. I would not be able to. Thank you for your reply! Geez I sure hope none of your traveling family ends up regretting. :)
      November 25, 2020 10:11 AM MST

My parents weren't of different sides.  They Shared the same views.  They only registered differently just to get the mailed out information from both parties.
      November 25, 2020 10:38 AM MST

I got that. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      November 25, 2020 11:17 AM MST

When restrictions are in place, we follow them. When they're lifted, BAU.

"Grumpy" is my granddaughter's favourite superhero, I won't deprive her of that any more than absolutely necessary.
      November 23, 2020 2:17 PM MST

What is BAU? Are YOU Grumpy? A curmudgeonly teddy bear? Thank you for your reply R and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      November 24, 2020 1:27 AM MST

BAU - Business As Usual.
    I get "Grumpy" from the grandkids for the same reason that big guys get called "Tiny". It's also easy to say - my grandson is autistic, he doesn't say much at all.
      November 24, 2020 2:46 PM MST

Thank you for the clarification/explanation R. I am so sorry about your grandson.  We have some friends whose daughter is autistic and when she was a little girl she just LOVED things like merry-go-rounds..with music. Does your grandson fancy specific things like that? Happy Wednesday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      November 25, 2020 1:45 AM MST

I have two family members and I'm never staying away from them. No matter what.
      November 24, 2020 2:52 PM MST

You don't live with them I gather. From long ago conversations on Answerbag I'm guessing it is your children. Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Wednesday to you. :)
      November 25, 2020 1:46 AM MST