Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Capitol police said that Colorado Republican newbie Lauren Boebert may take her GLOCK to the capitol. WHAT?

Capitol police said that Colorado Republican newbie Lauren Boebert may take her GLOCK to the capitol. WHAT?

Allegedly pols can carry weapons but not ordinary citizens.

Good to know.

I envision a GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL

Duck supporters versus non-ducks

Now we know duck supporters are all gun people and probably sniper sharpshooters to boot. I dunno about Democrats. They may all get mowed down.

Anyway whatcha think about a pay per view?

Posted - November 24, 2020

Responses

Good for her.
      November 24, 2020 6:24 AM MST

People have been envisioning a "Gunfight at the OK Corral" every time the topic of a licensed citizen carrying firearms in public comes up.
    So far, I don't believe there has been an instance of anyone with a license to carry using their firearm to commit a crime.
    Though there have been numerous instances of such citizens stopping crimes.  They just aren't reported in "main stream" media, for some reason.
      November 24, 2020 7:35 AM MST

You mean every gun massacre was engaged in with people who were not licensed to carry a gun? Are you sure of that Walt? I think lots of nut job gun folks are licensed but I don't know that for a fact.

Thank you for your reply. So you believe carrying a gun with you at all times if you are licensed is okay? In church for example or at school or at your place of work? Being as how I'm not a gun person I'd be terrified if I knew how many folks were carrying. He** I'm terrified now. How do I know the person in the car next to me doesn't have a gun on the seat that he will just shoot me with because he got ticked off? I don't. I'm suspicious of everyone. Could be the person who murders me. Well I am exaggerating a bit but you get my drift. Guns and me are  not compatible at any time in any context for any reason. I don't hang out with them.. Thank you for your reply. Let me guess. You are a gun person are you not? Why else defend guns if not? This post was edited by RosieG at November 24, 2020 7:53 AM MST
      November 24, 2020 7:48 AM MST

To get a license for concealed carry, you have to pass a background check (including fingerprints) - other than the one to purchase a firearm.
    The background check is run on the state and federal level; for crimes, restraining orders, mental health issues, etc.
    You also have to take a state-approved firearms safety course.
    Then you have to renew on a regular basis, requiring another background check (with fingerprints).

In other words, people who legally carry concealed firearms are generally "proven model citizens".

November 24, 2020 9:43 AM MST

Thank you for educating me Walt. I had no idea that was what happens. OK. I get it. So if a licensed to carry person WERE to be a perp it would be an anomaly. It happens! :)
      November 24, 2020 12:07 PM MST