Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever make turducken? If not have you ever tasted it if someone else prepared it? Sounds very time-consuming. Izzit?

Ever make turducken? If not have you ever tasted it if someone else prepared it? Sounds very time-consuming. Izzit?

Posted - November 24, 2020

Responses

Never had it, but I'd be willing to try.
    I like chicken and turkey ... though they're bland.  Maybe the duck adds taste?  I dunno, never had duck.

I had a friend who claimed to have eaten turduckenator.
    It's a turducken, stuffed in a gator.  Allegedly.
    I dunno if he was lying or not.  I can see it being a cajun thing.
      November 24, 2020 2:57 PM MST

You've never tasted duck Walt? Years ago I worked and lived out by LAX. There was an upscale restaurant there that specialized in duck. There were several different sauces you could order. I believe the name of the restaurant was T.J. Peppercorn. Don't know if it's still there. But they had a green peppercorn sauce that was delicious. I remember liking it a lot but I'm not sure if it was the sauce that did it. I mean when you eat escargots isn't it the garlic sauce in which they are served and the sourdough bread that makes it so delicious?. I'm gonna Google it and see if they are still in business. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 25, 2020 2:15 AM MST
      November 25, 2020 2:07 AM MST