Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per President Harry S. Truman "not all readers are leaders but all leaders are readers" Agree/dis/why?

Per President Harry S. Truman "not all readers are leaders but all leaders are readers" Agree/dis/why?

Posted - November 25, 2020

Responses

Agree.  

It does help for a leader to be able to read, otherwise others may try to slip things past them.  However, being a leader isn't based on reading alone, it's a quality one is either born with (talent) or learns.  Not everyone is capable of being a leader - no matter how much they may desire the position.  
      November 25, 2020 5:17 PM MST

Of course we all  know duck does not read. He also is in no way a leader. What he is fills volumes. What he isn't fills even more. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Thanksgiving Thursday 2020 to you! :)
      November 26, 2020 1:34 AM MST

Agreed. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it - which is why the current train wreck of an administration has repeated both the botched attempt to contain the Spanish Flu, and the avalanche of scandals that plagued the Harding administration (which Trump's resembles).
    His Royal Orangeness certainly COULD read (according to Ivana, he slept with a copy of Mein Kampf beside the bed), whether or not he still can is a moot point because he quite clearly DOESN'T.
      November 25, 2020 5:24 PM MST

The duck is not now nor has he even been a leader. He is a cheapskate deadbeat cheater whose only interest in life is what is in it for him? I wish we could dropkick his a** to a far-off land RIGHT NOW before he continues on his determined destructive demolition derby. I bet I'm not the only one. Thank you for your reply R and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      November 26, 2020 1:32 AM MST