Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Nurses in a Lansing, Michigan hospital are giving up their holiday so their patients won't have to be alone on Thanksgiving. Comments?

Nurses in a Lansing, Michigan hospital are giving up their holiday so their patients won't have to be alone on Thanksgiving. Comments?

Posted - November 25, 2020

Responses

Power to them!  There are still some good people out there.  Unfortunately, most people have prefered to hear about tragedies and bad things instead of the good... and the media feeds it to them.  And our depressed, wanton society reflects that choice.  Humans like to copy (that's how we're wired to learn).  But when all you feed a person is bad, that's what they will copy.

If we heard more about the kindness and good that some people still do and extolled that, perhaps more would copy that behavior instead.
      November 25, 2020 9:55 AM MST

Perhaps. But every day millions of people are traveling Shuhak. It is estimated that on CHRISTMAS DAY we will have the largest single number of deaths from COVID 19 due to Thanksgiving travels and the number of infections will be up in the stratosphere ionosphere wherever is more high. Sigh. Thank you for your reply m'dear. We also serve who only sit and wait. We (thee and me) and others of our ilk know what lies ahead. We KNOW. No way to stop it. I am not happy about being impotent in this regard. I know you aren't either. But if those folks don't understand by now what harm they are doing they never will. :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 25, 2020 10:34 AM MST
      November 25, 2020 10:02 AM MST

It takes a very special person to be a nurse so I'm not surprised that they put others before themselves.  While I understand your point that there are those who are not adhering to common sense practices, there are those who have done that and gotten sick anyway.  
      November 26, 2020 9:41 AM MST