Active Now

Zack
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever buy stuff you saw advertised on TV? Ever regret it?

Ever buy stuff you saw advertised on TV? Ever regret it?

Duck watches TV assiduously and always buys what he sees that he likes. He staffs up with them because he admires them because they said what they said that he liked very bigly.

How many duck "employees" did he buy from the TV? Dozens hundreds all of them?

Posted - December 1, 2020

Responses

I actually did buy something I saw on TV.  It was one of those "if you buy in the next 7 seconds, we will send you a second item ..."  I ordered both items with black handles.  When the items arrived, one set was black and the other was red.  When I emailed them about the problem, they said to send the red set back and they would replace it.  I said I wasn't going to pay the postage since the mistake was theirs.  Long story short, I called Mastercard and had the charge reversed.  That got their attention and I got a call from a customer service rep who said they would send me another black set at no cost to me and I didn't have to return the red set.  So, I got three sets for the price of two plus postage and handling.  Not a bad deal, but I learned my lesson. :) This post was edited by SpunkySenior at December 1, 2020 1:01 PM MST
      December 1, 2020 9:14 AM MST

Wow! That is a Happy Ending story. I never buy anything online. I'm a touchy feely kind of gal. I want to SEE it and touch it and hold it up and examine it before I buy. Plus which I cannot be bothered mailing something back to a faraway place. I TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE. Different strokes! You really did luck out nicely though! :) Thank you for your reply. I didn't expect it to turn out like that! Happy it ended well. This post was edited by RosieG at December 1, 2020 2:16 PM MST
      December 1, 2020 1:03 PM MST

I order a lot by mail because there are stores whose sizes I know fit me perfectly.  If it's the first time, I make sure it's free shipping and free returns.  I don't have the patience to shop - even for myself - and with Covid, the less I'm in stores, the better.  This on-line purchase turned out well and I've discovered that when you have your credit card company refuse to pay the merchant, you get the service you deserve. :)
      December 1, 2020 2:19 PM MST

That's probably because you have a proper woman's body. Me? Flat butt thick waist short from waist to head and long legs. My mom made all our clothes for years and years. I had no idea I was weird-sized. I'd buy size 13 clothes in the teenage section when I was an adult because women had smaller waists and larger butts than I did while teenagers are still forming their bodies. For years I'd buy my stretch fit pants in the men's department. 32/30. No kidding. I'm thinner now that I'm older but I still have no butt so my slacks are always baggy. I used to weigh about 130 and now I average around 112. Time does that.  Jim has no butt either so we laugh about that. Oh he used to weigh about 180 and now weighs about 155 so we've aged together and gotten thinner. The buttless wonders we call ourselves. Trying on clothes was always such an ordeal for me. Once I found the brand of stretch Levis called STAY PREST I liked I stuck to it. I still have two pair..one dark blue and one brown that I probably bought over 50 years ago! I am not hard on clothes. I loved buying tops...sweaters. Any size body can look good in a sweater if it is large enough to hide stuff like a thick waist. I have more than enough clothes to last till the end of my time here on this plane of existence. I buy underwear which you don't have to try on. You know your size and just grab and go. Thank you for your reply L. I wonder what shopping will be like in future world if we ever get there? :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 2, 2020 3:46 AM MST
      December 2, 2020 3:41 AM MST

I am not flat in the back, but that can be a problem, too.  I'm more pear shaped and I don't have long legs.  Maybe in my next life. :)
      December 2, 2020 6:42 AM MST

Yes. Things are always baggy. Baggy pants being the most apparent! I mean look at Kim Kardashian's butt? She's got enough for 4 women! How is that fair? Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 2, 2020 7:29 AM MST

Frankly, that is not a butt I would admire.  Sorry. :)
      December 2, 2020 7:39 AM MST

:):):)
      December 3, 2020 1:48 PM MST

I have bought several things from TV.   Most recent being the Flippy Fish for my cats.  
    It worked they do play with it. 
    Most of the time I buy stuff from the As Seen on TV section in the store.   I cannot think of anything I was truly disappointed with from a TV product. 

I have been disappointed with some catalog purchases. Mainly were something was smaller than I realized. 
      December 2, 2020 6:48 AM MST

Gosh "catalog!" SEARS catalog! That was before your time I'm pretty sure but in the olden days we'd all have the Sears catalog at home and didn't necessarily use it to only order from but to look through so when we went to Sears (which we did every Saturday as a family) we' d zero in on what we'd found.But I also remember going to the WILL CALL section to pick up what we had ordered through the catalog. That store was a one-stop shop. That was before malls. Yes sweetie there really was a time before malls. It was so much fun to go. They even had a candy counter and well sometimes mom would okay a bag of something that she doled out to us. They used to have wonderful soft butterscotch/covered marshmallows and also the most delicious HUGE peppermint patties. I mean we didn't get candy every time we went there but we did look at what they had every time. I miss those days. They were so innocent and happy. Of course I was a kid. My parents probably had things that worried them but it never reached down to my sister and me. It was a blissful time. Not school so much for me. I was the square peg. But everything else. I loved learning so school for that part I adored. I loved our simple family life. We were not poor but on the low end of medium. We never went without anything we needed but I only remember 2 vacations when I was growing up and there wasn't a lot of extra money for extravagances. How do you remember your childhood? Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      December 2, 2020 7:38 AM MST

Yes. I bought a Ronco 'Showtime' rotissiere. I makes wonderful roasts and chicken.
      December 2, 2020 7:47 AM MST