Active Now

Zack
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It would be a very PATRIOTIC (though inadvertently so) thing for duck to do. Run for prez every 4 years. GREAT IDEA?

It would be a very PATRIOTIC (though inadvertently so) thing for duck to do. Run for prez every 4 years. GREAT IDEA?

He would have no competition among Republicans. They would always defer to him and support him.

So imagine that if you can. Into his 90's should he live that long he will just run for prez. Along the way he will collect big bucks from his adoring worshippers possibly making him a TRILLIONAIRE before he passes on and tries to con GOD. Whatcha think?

Posted - December 5, 2020

Responses

He won't get the opportunity to con God, St Peter won't let him in. There's the getting a camel through the eye of a needle bit.
      December 5, 2020 3:43 AM MST

True dat m'dear! Very true. You know what occurred to me when I read your response? Did you ever hear of the country singer Tennessee Ernie Ford? He had a song called SIXTEEN TONS. And among the lines St. Peter was mentioned. "St. Peter don't you call me cuz I can't go I OWE MY SOUL TO THE COMPANY STORE"!

I think the lyrics are "Sixteen tons and whaddaya get? Another day older and deeper in debt. St. Peter don't you call me cuz I can't go. I owe my soul to the company store!" I didn't Google it so that may not be accurate. Also what comes to  mind is "OLD MAN RIVER. Dat Old Man River. He must know somethin' He don't say nothin' He jes keeps rolling He keeps on rolling along. You and me we sweat and strain body all tired and wracked with pain Tote that barge Lift that bail You gets a little drunk and you lands in jail. Oh I gets weary and sick of trying I'm tired of living and scared of dyin' but Old Man River he jes keeps rolling along." I have no idea where that all came from. Weird mind wired weird I guess. Apologies. Thank you for your reply R!  On my honor I promise to TRY to do better! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 5, 2020 4:46 AM MST
      December 5, 2020 4:45 AM MST

Used to sing 'Sixteen Tons' myself with the band now and again.

Some people say a man is made outta mud
    A poor man's made outta muscle and blood
    Muscle and blood, and skin and bone
    A mind that's weak and a back that's strong

You load sixteen tons, whaddaya get?
    Another day older and deeper in debt
    Saint Peter don't ya call me 'cause I can't go
    I owe my soul to the company store.

I was born on a mornin' when the sun didn't shine
    I picked up my shovel and walked to the mine
    I loaded sixteen tons o' number nine coal
    And the straw boss said, well bless my soul

You load sixteen tons ...

I was born on a mornin', it was drizzlin' rain
    Fightin' and trouble are my middle name
    I was raised in a cane brake by an old mama lion
    Can't no high toned woman make me walk the line

If you see me comin', better step aside
    A lotta men didn't, a lotta men died
    I got one fist of iron, the other of steel
    If the right'n don't get you then the left one will

December 5, 2020 5:04 AM MST

I just heard Tennessee Ernie Ford in my head my friend. I know Maureen won't be upset for what comes next. ((HUGS)) She knows I'm old and harmless. Gosh thank you so much for that. Some things American transfer well and some don't. I didn't want to be so conceited as to believe Tenneesee Ernie or the song had wings. I just feel better for having "heard" him while I read the lyrics. Ain't life grand? Thank you for sharing that with us R. It was a stroll through a better time. Who can't use that?
      December 5, 2020 5:11 AM MST