Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How is this called an hand recount? (See below)

How is this called an hand recount? (See below)

How is the "machine" counting called a "hand recount"?https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6251172002?__twitter_impression=true

Posted - December 7, 2020

Responses

I don't know.  What seems obvious to me is that there are unimaginable incentives for states to push back at any cost.  It's like legislators saying "I've heard nothing about riots, but there are peaceful protests" as America's largest cities were burning.   When you see legislatures presented with hard evidence of voter and election malfeasance and then they certify the vote, you know they may feel they have no choice.  I wonder how many bad actors think they are protecting their loved ones.   A few of us understand why the dems must take control at any cost.  There is much to do in order to get America ready for what is coming.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at December 7, 2020 2:12 PM MST
      December 7, 2020 10:53 AM MST

They don't want us to believe our "lying" eyes...as usual. 
      December 7, 2020 2:13 PM MST

Actually, it seems like Trump, Giuliani et al are trying to hang on to power by any means necessary. Since they're losing in the courts, they want state legislatures to override the election results by appointing Republican electors. They don't care if it's illegal or unethical. Apparently, they think the ends justify any means of getting there. Without actual proof of fraud or a rigged election, they're just sore losers.
      December 7, 2020 3:23 PM MST

Proof is every where.  Video, audio, witness affidavits, stat data, etc....ignoring it does not mean it does not exist. 
      December 7, 2020 4:08 PM MST

Then how do you explain why so many judges, including some that were appointed by Trump, have thrown out his lawsuits if there was so much proof?
      December 7, 2020 5:46 PM MST

Proof is every where.  Video, audio, witness affidavits, stat data, etc....ignoring it does not mean it does not exist. 
      December 7, 2020 4:08 PM MST

Then why is it not being presented in court, where they are basically being laughed at?
      December 7, 2020 4:21 PM MST

Only one court case has even been allowed to present. No ruling as of yet. 
    The video is online. The illegally processed over 100k votes. 
    There have been at three states held meetings that listened to some of the witnesses. MI was two days of testimony. 
    AZ, MI legislatures saying they want to forensicly audit the machines.  
    Just because MSM is ignoring does not mean things are not moving forward. 
      December 7, 2020 5:00 PM MST

Are you kidding? The Georgia and Michigan suits were dismissed today, and 40+ others before. Have you noticed that you keep posting and dancing around the same BS over and over again, but Trump is no closer to what you and he want and Biden is still president-elect? Maybe it's time to take the hint.
      December 7, 2020 5:26 PM MST

Trump lawyers have NOT even filed 40 lawsuits.  So Trump has no had 40 cases dismissed.

Biden is not President elect until either President Trump concedes or the Electoral College votes over 50% for Biden.  Neither of these things have taken place.

I am posting facts that no one has explained. Other than to say it is not enough. Or just claim is fake news. If someone asks...as you just did....yes I will post it again. 

Would you like to explain how a computer recount is considered a hand recount?  That is the topic of this question. This post was edited by my2cents at December 7, 2020 5:46 PM MST
      December 7, 2020 5:42 PM MST

And you haven't realized yet that they know he's not going to win but they're keeping it up mainly to raise more money?
      December 7, 2020 6:58 PM MST

So still no answer to the topic of this question?
      December 8, 2020 4:42 PM MST

It's a moot point. They can count by hand, by foot, and seven ways to Sunday, and Biden still wins. Trump needs to grow up and take defeat like an adult, and follow the protocols of every losing candidate before him.
      December 8, 2020 5:49 PM MST

Bless your heart.
      December 8, 2020 4:33 PM MST

The ballots have been sorted by hand into categories.  The machine is not tallying votes, it's only counting the number of ballots - much like the money counter at a bank.  Where is the problem?
      December 7, 2020 2:06 PM MST

Hand recount....implies not using computers to count.   The computer is still counting. 

Computer will do whatever it is programmed to do.  And they should not be counting our ballots....and certainly not in a supposed "hand recount". 
      December 7, 2020 2:11 PM MST

As I said, the machine is not counting votes, it's counting the number of ballots.  A machine that's programmed to count will do just that.  Suppose the ballots WERE hand counted and they were just using the machine to verify the count?
      December 7, 2020 2:27 PM MST

It does not say the ballots were counted by hand (human) it says the human sorted the ballots....it says the computer counted the ballots.  It would still be scanning the ballot as it counted....it knows what candidate it is counting. 

The computer will count how it is programmed. 
      December 7, 2020 2:31 PM MST

I still fail to see the problem.  If humans separated the ballots into whose votes they were for, why would you think the machine could then count them for the other candidate?  The machine is only counting the number of ballots fed into it - presumably, the stack that was previously sorted by humans.
      December 7, 2020 5:41 PM MST

Again computer do what they are programmed to do.   These computer capable of being programmed to do weighed/fractional voting.  They should not be allowed to be used in this country.
      December 7, 2020 5:49 PM MST

I'm not even going to respond to this.  
      December 7, 2020 5:57 PM MST

Hand count should mean humans counted it...not a computer. 
      December 7, 2020 6:37 PM MST

Biden...trump
      December 7, 2020 8:42 PM MST